Shopperdiscounts, C / monthly debit of £10 to my bank account

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

After purchasing on Interflora I was asked if I wished to get £10 discount on future purchases. I agreed and since November 2008 a sum of £10 has been deducted from my current account each month

Comments

• Lo
      9th of Jan, 2009

Same thing for me, I've booked a hotel on expedia, was proposed discounts on future purchases, agreed and now every month £8 is taken form my bank account.
    Any ideas on how to stop that? I was thinking of closing this account and opening a new one.

• Te
      20th of Jan, 2009

After going to the trouble of having my debit card cancelled, I found the website and contact numbers, Vis:

"...Contact Us
    If you have any other questions about the programme, your membership or how you joined, please call us on 0808 234 1539 (free phone) or email customerservice@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk.
    You can login to the Shopper Discounts & Rewards site here. If you have forgotten your password, click here."...

I did so. A very patient woman listened to my blistering and explained that I had been "Conned" (as it were) by Interflora!
    The woman agreed to cancel my "Account" with "shopperdiscounts.c"
    I must say that I found them quite helpful and polite - One just has to be very careful with what one agrees!

16th of Feb, 2009

I was invited to get a £10 voucher with shoppersdiscount on trainline.com I accepted the voucher and bought the tickets. I then noticed on three consecutive months I had £10 deducted from my credit card.
    searching on shopperdiscounts on google gave me the home page but no contact details. trawling back through my old emails I found a contact phone number 0808 234 1539 on calling the girl, (Lauren but would not give her Surname) immediately offered to cancel my membership, (I had apparently signed up by keying in my email address twice) with no cost. when I asked about the previous 3 months she immediately offered to refund this £30.

This is a con base on peoplke not looking at their credit card bills.

CALL THE NUMBER AND ASK FOR A FULL FEFUND.

20th of Mar, 2009

For more information on the well know scam, please see http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=6691361
    Its run by a company called WebLoyalty and earns them around $100, 000, 000 a year! Ther is currently a class action in progress against them in the US.

• Ji
      19th of Jun, 2009

I had the same issue when I purchased a trip on Expedia. I in no way authorised anyone to take payment from my account other than expedia. After I had paid for my trip I got a page on Expedia that said if I agreed to receive shopper discounts mailings I would get a £15 discount - I absolutely did not agree to pay shopper discounts £10 per month.
    Shopper discounts agreed to refund the money and were professional in dealing with the issue. Expedia were not professional and were very unhelpful. I have been a loayl expedia customer and had planned to spend much more money with them - a fact that they don't seem to care about. - Expedia are very close to losing my business.

24th of Sep, 2009

I have had the same thing too. This website is a promo website that pops up after certain transactions you do on the internet (mine was with www.thetrainline.com while purchasing rail tickets). It asks you if you would like a £10 discount off your next purchase. Naturally most people will say yes and give there e-mail address, to which NO voucher is ever sent. I do not remember at any time give my debit card details so god knows how they got access to my account. THESE GUYS ARE A CON IT IS NOT OTHER WEBSITES!!!

I very called them using the number left by Ted on this feed and very firmly asked for my money back. They agreed to do this and cancel my membership, but informed me that when this promotion popped up I actaully signed up for a 30 day free trial and would then be charged afterward. (I don't remember seeing a word of this in the promo which I never received).

THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE STOPPED!!! IF YOU GET CONNED BY THESE PEOPLE CALL THEM AND GIVE THEM HELL!!!

• In
      12th of Nov, 2009

Oh man!!! I have just discovered that well planned scam :(((( I checked my online banking and deductions have been made since April 2008 until NOW!!! Each month I lost £8. all in all I lost £144!!! Help me, can I get my money back? absolutely lost, upset, disappointed and pissed off!!! HELP!

• Yo
      20th of Nov, 2009

The same thing just happened to me. Checked my bank account and noticed 3 payments of £10 to shoppersdiscount.com after booking tickets with trainline.com. Typed it into google and found this page. I called them straight away and was able to cancel the membership and refund the last payment myself. I then spoke to a lady who refunded the last 2 payments without any problems. I'm annoyed that it happened but I'm just relieved it was so easy to sort out.

7th of Jan, 2010

just called and they have refunded my account. can't believe they can take ur money without given any bank details. cheeky gits i will have to wait three days to get my money back and now the bank is going to charge me for being over my overdraft. I hate scams make me sick.

• Sb
      29th of Jan, 2010

I ordered from Interflora over the web and obviously signed up to shopperdiscounts without realising until I got my credit card bill. I have to agree shopperdiscounts was extremely quick and courteous in cancelling and agreeing to a refund (or at least I will agree once I see it's been rectified), so all its cost me is some time and phone calls and a few points on my blood pressure. I guess there will always be organisations living on the margin and siphoning off crumbs from the rest of us where they can in order to make a living. What really disappoints me though is that a company like Interflora can use its customers in this way. I figured placing an order with a company like Interflora came with the security of a reputable organisation. To throw its reputation away just for the sake of some minimal commission it must get from shopperdiscounts just appals me. After using Interflora a few times a year for at least the last 10 years, henceforth I'll deal direct with the local florist!

• Ji
      13th of Mar, 2010

I have also been scammed by sending some flowers to a relative in NZ with Interflora. God knows how I did it?? I expect there was a box I must have ticked? They have taken £10 a month from August 09..Yes I know I should have done something before.. but £10 is a small amount .. i thought it was something and nothing..I feel a bit of an idiot..£80 !!. I'm going to ring Monday. Hope I can get the money back. Jilly B

• Ge
      9th of Apr, 2010

I too have noticed deductions in my current account and could not recall spending £10 on the date stated on my statement. Check my paper statement and it turns out that they have claimed £40 in total from me without me noticing. Searched Google and "Shoppersdiscount - Scam" came up and I almost fell off my chair.

I will be trying to get a refund tomorrow I will post my results but going from above comments a refund looks likely.

Thanks to all the above people who have posted there experiences as I would be lost without them.

• Ye
      14th of Jul, 2010

I just realised I got scammed by these people, I got them coming up on my account as (DC - Shopperdiscounts.C). I'm really p'd off. How can they get away with this in this country, I never provided them with any of my bank details, how did they manage to do this. This has o go far and the law got to get involved. I will be calling them tomorrow and speaking to trading standards. I just cant believe it

• Ye
      14th of Jul, 2010

I just realised I got scammed for the past 6 payments. I just cant believe this is happening in the UK. How can they get hold of my bank details. If they could do it, any other company with the same level of access to peoples account can do it. Im taking this further, I will call them and play hell, I'll get my money back no matter what it takes. I'll speak to trading standards. I just cant get it around my head.

• Nj
      17th of Jul, 2010

exactly the same thing happened to me.. thanks for posting the routes to sort it out! i will try as soon as i can..
    thought it'd be useful to let ppl know that i got conned through booking with ebookers... i will let ebookers know too.

• He
      5th of Aug, 2010

I have this same problem but i cach this scam very fast and from my account was taken just ten pound I was on the thon to my bank at this moment and i got them to fix this for me

• St
      12th of Aug, 2010

Same as me i bought concert tickets from ticketmaster and this thing popped up at the end offering me £15 of my next tickets i just checked my bank and £45 as gone to shopperdiscounts.c i have just phoned the number given and was told its there new policy not to give refunds but just to cancel my account with then but i didnt open an account with them... ticketmaster were no help at all and have now lost my costum and i am now prepering my war against these wankers i will take them to court and claim a hell of alot more than my 45 quid back...and ill be alot more carfull in future... JUST HAD JOY WITH THE HALIFAX, Who have told me they will no longer pay money to these people untill there bank customers no and agree to the transactions at least some on is listening to me... S R Fairhurst

• Pa
      15th of Aug, 2010

The same has happenend to me via trainline, thank goodness I noticed after I payment of £10, I shall be me on the phone first thing in the morning to cancel and try and get my money back. I am with Halifax, so their refusal of allowing payments didn't work for me! Pat S

16th of Aug, 2010

I have noticed the same card payment going out of my account from 'shopperdiscounts.c' for £10 each month. I contacted my bank and they told me that it had been coming out of my account for 2 months. They have canceled it but it could take up to 30 days to process, in the meantime I called 0800 731 9935 to cancel it from the source and discuss a refund.

After canceling my account with an electronic service, I stayed on the line to speak to a human being about the refund. I was offered my last month's payment as a refund almost instantly. Once I started to ask questions about my account I found out that I had been paying it for 5 months not 2. I can only assume they changed their reference on my bank statement. I have found out from another site that they used to use "shopdisc.co.uk, shopperdisc.co.uk, shopperdiscounts.co.uk" or something similar. So be careful to check when you started to pay for this so called service!!

I have received emails to confirm that I have canceled my membership and will receive a refund for 3 months, not the 5 that I have payed for, as that is the maximum they can do over the phone. But I have received another email regarding the additional refund for the 2 outstanding months.

My advice would be to keep pushing until you get the refund that you deserve as they did not want to offer it without me asking a lot of questions.

P.S. my account was started when I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut online. (last time they will get my business!!!)

Mark

• Id
      26th of Aug, 2010

Me, another one.
    Paying from more then 16 months!!!
    Called them, they offerd me 3 months refund.
    I`ll push them till will give me full refund.
    Anybody managed to get more then 3 months payment back?
    Thank-you