Shopperdiscounts, C / monthly debit of £10 to my bank account

United Kingdom Review updated:

After purchasing on Interflora I was asked if I wished to get £10 discount on future purchases. I agreed and since November 2008 a sum of £10 has been deducted from my current account each month

Comments

• Lo
      Jan 09, 2009

Same thing for me, I've booked a hotel on expedia, was proposed discounts on future purchases, agreed and now every month £8 is taken form my bank account.
    Any ideas on how to stop that? I was thinking of closing this account and opening a new one.

• Te
      Jan 20, 2009

After going to the trouble of having my debit card cancelled, I found the website and contact numbers, Vis:

"...Contact Us
    If you have any other questions about the programme, your membership or how you joined, please call us on 0808 234 1539 (free phone) or email [protected]@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk.
    You can login to the Shopper Discounts & Rewards site here. If you have forgotten your password, click here."...

I did so. A very patient woman listened to my blistering and explained that I had been "Conned" (as it were) by Interflora!
    The woman agreed to cancel my "Account" with "shopperdiscounts.c"
    I must say that I found them quite helpful and polite - One just has to be very careful with what one agrees!

Feb 16, 2009

I was invited to get a £10 voucher with shoppersdiscount on trainline.com I accepted the voucher and bought the tickets. I then noticed on three consecutive months I had £10 deducted from my credit card.
    searching on shopperdiscounts on google gave me the home page but no contact details. trawling back through my old emails I found a contact phone number 0808 234 1539 on calling the girl, (Lauren but would not give her Surname) immediately offered to cancel my membership, (I had apparently signed up by keying in my email address twice) with no cost. when I asked about the previous 3 months she immediately offered to refund this £30.

This is a con base on peoplke not looking at their credit card bills.

CALL THE NUMBER AND ASK FOR A FULL FEFUND.

Mar 20, 2009

For more information on the well know scam, please see http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=6691361
    Its run by a company called WebLoyalty and earns them around $100, 000, 000 a year! Ther is currently a class action in progress against them in the US.

• Ji
      Jun 19, 2009

I had the same issue when I purchased a trip on Expedia. I in no way authorised anyone to take payment from my account other than expedia. After I had paid for my trip I got a page on Expedia that said if I agreed to receive shopper discounts mailings I would get a £15 discount - I absolutely did not agree to pay shopper discounts £10 per month.
    Shopper discounts agreed to refund the money and were professional in dealing with the issue. Expedia were not professional and were very unhelpful. I have been a loayl expedia customer and had planned to spend much more money with them - a fact that they don't seem to care about. - Expedia are very close to losing my business.

Sep 24, 2009

I have had the same thing too. This website is a promo website that pops up after certain transactions you do on the internet (mine was with www.thetrainline.com while purchasing rail tickets). It asks you if you would like a £10 discount off your next purchase. Naturally most people will say yes and give there e-mail address, to which NO voucher is ever sent. I do not remember at any time give my debit card details so god knows how they got access to my account. THESE GUYS ARE A CON IT IS NOT OTHER WEBSITES!!!

I very called them using the number left by Ted on this feed and very firmly asked for my money back. They agreed to do this and cancel my membership, but informed me that when this promotion popped up I actaully signed up for a 30 day free trial and would then be charged afterward. (I don't remember seeing a word of this in the promo which I never received).

THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE STOPPED!!! IF YOU GET CONNED BY THESE PEOPLE CALL THEM AND GIVE THEM HELL!!!

• In
      Nov 12, 2009

Oh man!!! I have just discovered that well planned scam :(((( I checked my online banking and deductions have been made since April 2008 until NOW!!! Each month I lost £8. all in all I lost £144!!! Help me, can I get my money back? absolutely lost, upset, disappointed and pissed off!!! HELP!

• Yo
      Nov 20, 2009

The same thing just happened to me. Checked my bank account and noticed 3 payments of £10 to shoppersdiscount.com after booking tickets with trainline.com. Typed it into google and found this page. I called them straight away and was able to cancel the membership and refund the last payment myself. I then spoke to a lady who refunded the last 2 payments without any problems. I'm annoyed that it happened but I'm just relieved it was so easy to sort out.

Jan 07, 2010

just called and they have refunded my account. can't believe they can take ur money without given any bank details. cheeky gits i will have to wait three days to get my money back and now the bank is going to charge me for being over my overdraft. I hate scams make me sick.

• Sb
      Jan 29, 2010

I ordered from Interflora over the web and obviously signed up to shopperdiscounts without realising until I got my credit card bill. I have to agree shopperdiscounts was extremely quick and courteous in cancelling and agreeing to a refund (or at least I will agree once I see it's been rectified), so all its cost me is some time and phone calls and a few points on my blood pressure. I guess there will always be organisations living on the margin and siphoning off crumbs from the rest of us where they can in order to make a living. What really disappoints me though is that a company like Interflora can use its customers in this way. I figured placing an order with a company like Interflora came with the security of a reputable organisation. To throw its reputation away just for the sake of some minimal commission it must get from shopperdiscounts just appals me. After using Interflora a few times a year for at least the last 10 years, henceforth I'll deal direct with the local florist!

• Ji
      Mar 13, 2010

I have also been scammed by sending some flowers to a relative in NZ with Interflora. God knows how I did it?? I expect there was a box I must have ticked? They have taken £10 a month from August 09..Yes I know I should have done something before.. but £10 is a small amount .. i thought it was something and nothing..I feel a bit of an idiot..£80 !!. I'm going to ring Monday. Hope I can get the money back. Jilly B

• Ge
      Apr 09, 2010

I too have noticed deductions in my current account and could not recall spending £10 on the date stated on my statement. Check my paper statement and it turns out that they have claimed £40 in total from me without me noticing. Searched Google and "Shoppersdiscount - Scam" came up and I almost fell off my chair.

I will be trying to get a refund tomorrow I will post my results but going from above comments a refund looks likely.

Thanks to all the above people who have posted there experiences as I would be lost without them.

• Ye
      Jul 14, 2010

I just realised I got scammed by these people, I got them coming up on my account as (DC - Shopperdiscounts.C). I'm really p'd off. How can they get away with this in this country, I never provided them with any of my bank details, how did they manage to do this. This has o go far and the law got to get involved. I will be calling them tomorrow and speaking to trading standards. I just cant believe it

• Ye
      Jul 14, 2010

I just realised I got scammed for the past 6 payments. I just cant believe this is happening in the UK. How can they get hold of my bank details. If they could do it, any other company with the same level of access to peoples account can do it. Im taking this further, I will call them and play hell, I'll get my money back no matter what it takes. I'll speak to trading standards. I just cant get it around my head.

• Nj
      Jul 17, 2010

exactly the same thing happened to me.. thanks for posting the routes to sort it out! i will try as soon as i can..
    thought it'd be useful to let ppl know that i got conned through booking with ebookers... i will let ebookers know too.

• He
      Aug 05, 2010

I have this same problem but i cach this scam very fast and from my account was taken just ten pound I was on the thon to my bank at this moment and i got them to fix this for me

• St
      Aug 12, 2010

Same as me i bought concert tickets from ticketmaster and this thing popped up at the end offering me £15 of my next tickets i just checked my bank and £45 as gone to shopperdiscounts.c i have just phoned the number given and was told its there new policy not to give refunds but just to cancel my account with then but i didnt open an account with them... ticketmaster were no help at all and have now lost my costum and i am now prepering my war against these wankers i will take them to court and claim a hell of alot more than my 45 quid back...and ill be alot more carfull in future... JUST HAD JOY WITH THE HALIFAX, Who have told me they will no longer pay money to these people untill there bank customers no and agree to the transactions at least some on is listening to me... S R Fairhurst

• Pa
      Aug 15, 2010

The same has happenend to me via trainline, thank goodness I noticed after I payment of £10, I shall be me on the phone first thing in the morning to cancel and try and get my money back. I am with Halifax, so their refusal of allowing payments didn't work for me! Pat S

Aug 16, 2010

I have noticed the same card payment going out of my account from 'shopperdiscounts.c' for £10 each month. I contacted my bank and they told me that it had been coming out of my account for 2 months. They have canceled it but it could take up to 30 days to process, in the meantime I called 0800 731 9935 to cancel it from the source and discuss a refund.

After canceling my account with an electronic service, I stayed on the line to speak to a human being about the refund. I was offered my last month's payment as a refund almost instantly. Once I started to ask questions about my account I found out that I had been paying it for 5 months not 2. I can only assume they changed their reference on my bank statement. I have found out from another site that they used to use "shopdisc.co.uk, shopperdisc.co.uk, shopperdiscounts.co.uk" or something similar. So be careful to check when you started to pay for this so called service!!

I have received emails to confirm that I have canceled my membership and will receive a refund for 3 months, not the 5 that I have payed for, as that is the maximum they can do over the phone. But I have received another email regarding the additional refund for the 2 outstanding months.

My advice would be to keep pushing until you get the refund that you deserve as they did not want to offer it without me asking a lot of questions.

P.S. my account was started when I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut online. (last time they will get my business!!!)

Mark

• Id
      Aug 26, 2010

Me, another one.
    Paying from more then 16 months!!!
    Called them, they offerd me 3 months refund.
    I`ll push them till will give me full refund.
    Anybody managed to get more then 3 months payment back?
    Thank-you

• Pa
      Sep 03, 2010

Same thing happened to me after I purchased via Interflora. I called the number posted by a previous person

0808 234 1539
    A lady called Anna agreed to cancel the order.

I have used credit checking software I have and most of the directors are in the USA, however a UK director of Webloyalty who own the website www.SHOPPERDISCOUNTS.CO.UK is below:
    Any problems, I suggest you contact him.

Martin Child
    Wood Grange
    Shire Lane
    Chorley Wood
    Herts
    WD3 5NH

• De
      Sep 03, 2010

Bought tickets in June 2010 with National Express. Pop out came after offering discounts. Did not give them any card details or agree anything. They deducted £10 a month the last 3 months. Phoned 0808 234 1539.
    They cancelled my membership and offered a refund. Advised them to make clear in the future the real purpuse of their bussiness... Very sad to earn money this way...

• La
      Oct 07, 2010

It happened the same to me with RYANAIR, so be very careful cause apparently if you agree to have a 10% discount in the next purchase they automatically sign you in shopperdiscounts. I have just caledl them and they stopped my account my I didnt get a refund cause I am supposed to have agreed with their policy when I agreed with Ryanair conditions...

• Lo
      Nov 04, 2010

Shopperdiscounts.

Is a bunch of thieves was invited to get a £10 voucher with shoppersdiscount on narang.com and I accepted the voucher then I started receiving House insurance, pet, car Insurance policies which I didn't apply for and had to complian to the Fincial Ombudsmen. They even tried to move my energy supplier EDF to British Gas.

Yes, quite serious I am so pieced with them completely bunch of scamers and now they have started taking £10.00 off my card and am going to complian.

Anybody out there never give your details to these scammers who pretend to be offering you something nice.

Max

Nov 22, 2010

Grrrrr..I just discovered this...typed into google the name on the bank statement "Shopperdiscounts.C" and came here...i rang the number you have provided, thankyou very much for that, and cancelled..i could not however get a refund as my last payment to them failed!!! Well..it failed as it was a debit card and i'm on the edge of my overdraft!!! This is there reason for not giving me back the payments I appear to have been making for 6 months!!! I can't find where on earth they got my details from..I will try to email their confirmation of closed account back..but i'm not holding my breath for the refund my account badly needs!

I wish they would go pick on people who actually have money and not us to who £10 a month is a lot of money :(

Sam

• Sh
      Jan 15, 2011

I just found out that I got trapped into this as well - by the look of it, it started from an "15% off the next train tickets" offer after I purchased a train ticket with national rail. It was very well layed out and looked like part of the national rail website so I clicked the link and it must have somehow automatically set me an account with them.

Having recently opened an online banking account, it is only then I realised there was an unknown payment of £10 coming from nowhere. So I googled up the company "shopperdiscounts.c" and realised it is a SCAM.

I will call on Monday and make a request to cancel the account which I didn't even intentionally sign up for, and make them refund me ALL of the money they have taken from my accounts because non of them are authorised and I fail to understand HOW this is within the legal framework? If this behaviour is legal, then the legislation related to this area strongly needs to be reviewed.

• Sh
      Jan 15, 2011

I just found out that I got trapped into this scam as well - by the look of it, it started from an "15% off the next train tickets" offer after I purchased a train ticket with national rail. It was very well layed out and looked like part of the national rail website so I clicked the link and it must have somehow automatically set me an account with them.

I will call on Monday and make a request to cancel the account which I didn't sign up for, and make them refund me ALL of the money they have taken from my accounts because non of them are authorised and I fail to understand HOW this is within the legal framework? If this behaviour is legal, then such gray-area legislation related to this field definitely needs to be reviewed.

Feb 24, 2011

I've had £10.00 leaving my account since April 2010, it's now February 2011. I first had to phone up my bank to see how far back the payments went, then I had to phone up the Shopper Discount line (0800 234 1539) to get my refund. To be completely honest, it's a scam only in the sense of them not telling you they're taking the direct debit, they are offering a service and therefore, will never be stopped. It's up to you, i've been told today that the past 3 payments will be paid straight into my account in the next 5-10 days meanwhile I have to use a claim form (which is emailed to me) to get the other 8 months back. It all seems too straight forward at the moment, but i'm hoping i'll at least get the first £30.00 back without any more fuss.

The best advice I can give is phone the number in this comment, answer a couple of questions, then ask for every payment they've taken from you back, because they're con-artists.

Marc

• Yu
      May 13, 2011

oh god...it was a con site..! and i was even told that i don't pay anything..i only found out when i saw a deduction of £10 per month . whats worse is that my bank lloyds wasn't sending me statement and i only found out just now. thakns for posting so many comments, they were helpful and i'm cancelling this con account right now..!

• Ah
      Jun 10, 2011

I did sign up myself with this discount offer myself but found it completely useless...as I don't use online service at all...I called the number u hav given above. at first she said she has sent me emails but i havn't received any so I just told her to close my account and refund me then she said she can't refund me because its a membership not other...( I don't know what she meant by other...!!! ) but amazingly after I told her I was told I would be given refund if I wasn't happy about the account in 3 months (thats what they said anyway..) so I hope I will be refunded in next 10 days as she said...cheers..!
    Sima

• St
      Jun 11, 2011

I've just checked my account and these ### have taken money from my account without my authorization - How do they do that? Steve

• Kk
      Jun 24, 2011

I too got scammed on Shoetailor .co.uk. I followed the advice on this site and rang them. I was so angry and it showed - I got my money back, so thank you.
    What worries me is how these people linked to all these different sites GET OUR BANK DETAILS. Something very dodgy is going on and I feel there should be someway we could report them to the police/trading standards/ whatever. Anyone know if there is anything we could do?
    Kat

• Fr
      Jul 21, 2011

I've just seen it pop up in my statement. I hear they refund what they took, but will they refund me the bank charge for going overdrawn? As the money came out the same day a bill was due and I didn't think i'd need to check my account to see if it was all there, as I knew the money was there! So now i have £50 plus of charges for being overdrawn. And now I have to wait a further 3 years to get my credit history good enough to apply for my mortgage!!!

• Ge
      Aug 26, 2011

I've just found the same - as it was £10 a month, I presumed it was a mobile phone top up or something like that, only they continued as I went onto a phone contract! Has been going out since Nov 2009 - £210 in total. They said they'll refind 3 months and I have to send in a form for the remaining amount. Fingers crossed I get it back.

So so so annoyed with myself for not looking properly at my statements and stoppping this earlier. I just had no idea how they would get my bank details? Apparently mine happened from ticketmaster - once again, I will never be shopping with them now. Why would organisations ever sign up to work with these guys? How is it still continuing? Is it legal?!? There is no dorect debit on my account - so I don't understand!!

• Dn
      Sep 16, 2011

I have also been coned by this I have been signed up since April last they have taken a £170 in total without me knowing about it, I have managed to get a 3 month refund just by calling the number, they are very quiter to offer you some money, but are adament that you have done this willingly and that is not a scam which it [censored]ing is! I will have to claim for the rest, they are sending me a form via email; they also said i had entered my email twice and that I had agreed to this, when I would never do so. We need to do something about this inform watchdog or the papers! I KNOW I WILL BE DOING BOTH HELP ME TO STOP THIS!

This happend to me after useing the trainline.com Be carfull!

• Da
      Oct 23, 2012

I have had £10.00 a month stopped from by bank account by shopperdisc. for the last two years. obviously with out my knowledge. I have now stopped it but want shopperdisc to give me evidence that I aggreed for them to do this. And to also tell me what benefits or discounts I have been offered by them. This all started when I bought tickets from ryanair.

• Vi
      Sep 18, 2018
    Shopperdisc.co.uk - Unknown payment
    United Kingdom

£10 has been being taken from
    My account for some time, I am not aware of what this is for and do not believe I have authorised this.

Please can someone tell me what this is for and how I can go about claiming my money back??