Shopperdisc.co.uk / Unauthorised payments from my credit card

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Received my credit card statement and discovered £15/month had been taken off by shopperdisc.co.uk from OCT2014. As I have not had any dealings with this company and to my knowledge never used them they have taken money from my account without my knowledge or permission.
I want a refund and a cancellation on any account set up by them or legal action will have to be taken.
BTW I sent a cancellation request to customerservice@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk today, it needs to be sorted ASAP.

Zh
Jul 10, 2015

Comments

• Sh
      14th of Jul, 2015

Hello Zhenxu:

We will be happy to assist you but we first need to identify your membership record which we currently have not been able to do. Please get in touch with Shopper Discounts & Rewards directly using the following details: customerservice@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk, 0800 731 9935, or you can contact me directly at mary@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk.

Shopper Discounts and Rewards is a savings programme for people who shop online regularly. The membership benefits include 10% cashback at over 650 online retailers, 20% off popular gift cards and a monthly cashback reward. It’s free for the first 30 days so you can try it out, and after that there is a monthly fee. Members can cancel their membership at any time.

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Shopper Discounts & Rewards sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, a new password (twice) and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full.

We hope you contact us directly so that we can resolve your query to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,