Shopper Discounts / Taking money from my card

United Kingdom Review updated:

I had not realised when I made an online purchase in January 2009 that I had unwittingly signed to this Shopper Discounts company. I thought it was all part of that one transaction. I now find some 15 months later that they have been taking £10 each month from my card, I did not notice before because of the amount of transactions...now they have offered me £30 refund whilst they pocket £120 for doing nothing. They tell me they sent me emails, but the email address in 2009 ceased to exist and this would have meant emails being returned to them, so my question is why when they got no response from me could they not drop me a note in the post?????

Unscrupulus practices indeed...

Wi

Comments

10th of Sep, 2011

I too was scammed big time. Apparently it happened on the site - Shutterfly - when I made up a book of my granddaughter's photos. I was unaware I signed up for anything and found out by calling my credit card company and reading comments on the internet that this was the case. The card company called the scammers and they listened in. According to them they now will refund me 4 months; however they said I signed up in 09. I nearly died. They mailed me a form via email and I printed it out and will be sending it. However they need the last four digits of my credit card and the pin number. I am leary of giving them this info, plus the card company put a freeze on them going into my account. How can I get my money back? Help!