Sharp Aquos / Bad products and service

Hi! I am the very unhappy owner of a Sharp Aquos & Sharp Blueray player.

Have you ever bought a TV and within a year, had it get those wonderful black blobs in the screen?? Well I have. Did it take about 2 weeks to get a replacement from the company you bought it from even though it was under warranty?? Then with the replacement… you were pleasantly surprised to have the screen completely go out after only a year of having it?? Only to be told that yourwarranty has expired and they would get back to you as soon as they had time to look over the pictures they requested that you send. You wait, and wait, and wait. No call.

Because you are no longer a warranty customer, they don’t need to make you happy anymore.You are no longer a priority. I guess they don’t ever want you to buy another one of their products again or to tell a friend that they have a great product.

To add to the frustration, we also have issues with Sharps Blueray player. We have not been able to use it for months because it needs an update that can only be done through the internet. We were not told that when we bought it and at this time with money tight.. we don’t have internet at home. Now what???

So now we’re supposed to buy another TV (with the money we don’t have) because we were never offered the opportunity to get a new warranty or given a extention with the replacement TV. I don’t even know if the replacement was new. I was told it was… but why would it die so quickly??

Does Sharp believe so much in it’s product that it wouldn’t offer me some kind of guarantee or warranty with my replacement??? Was it even new or did I get someone else’s broken TV that they tried to fix?? Do they want to lose customers because of their terrible customer service and questionable products??

Word of mouth travels fast. These are the only Sharp products I have ever owned. I have never had any problems with any other companies products or customer service. I know I won’t be recommending any Sharp products to any of my family and friends. Will that travel to the rest of their family and friends???

We all deserve a better product and customer service for the money we pay to keep these companies going. I demand it. I will be working on what else I can do to get the word out. I will spread the word through Facebook, Twitter and good old fashioned word of mouth.

Di

Comments

• Sh
      21st of Aug, 2014

I have the new SHARP Aquos Q+ 70" television and in less than 2 months I had black lines extending across the picture, apparently burned out LED's or pixels. I have been in contact with Aquos for over a month, submitting photos, waiting, waiting, waiting and constantly being told they will contact me in 1-2 days. The television picture is beautiful, when it works, but apparently, IMO, Sharp sends products to market without proper testing. And their customer service is even worse.