Shape Magazine / Video ripoff!

Shape magazine sent an UNSOLICITED workout video to me and told me that I had to pay them $10 or return it. They also said that they will be sending additional videos that I have to pay for. I am calling them today to cancel my subscription because of this reprehensible marketing gimmick.

Beware people!

Comments

• Ds
      6th of Nov, 2007

Yes, I received the same DVD. The letter which came with it said you could keep the DVD and NOT pay for it, since it was unsolicited. Or, if you wished, you could pay for it if you chose, or return it.

Just a few days ago, I received a note/bill from them requesting that I either return the DVD or pay for it.

I was debating on whether or not to keep my Shape subscription, but this has helped me to decide to discontinue my subscription. I have been a subscriber to their magazine for close to, if not, 20 years...

17th of Jan, 2008

They sent me a renewal notice that threatened sending my account to a collection agency. Note..this was for a renewal!
    I also received the video with a letter stating I would be charged if I did'nt fill out the form and return it. Warning to all..research the web before subscribing to any magazine...many use these dishonest tatics. The world is full of cheating garbage people.

• Gi
      24th of Jan, 2008

They sent me the same DVD, and now they keep sending me letters asking me to return the DVD or pay for it.

I sent them an email asking them to stop harassing me. Yesterday, I received yet another letter asking me to pay or return the DVD!!!