Shank Animal Hospital / this vet is a scammer!

1 3225 N Andrews AveFort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

Jerry shank the owner and vet at this hospital is a total scammer! Avoid this business! He will bring up extra charges and will not release your animal if you do not pay him! In my case $990 reduce to $724 after paying him $1600 (Have the receipt, paid in full) and he ask me to leave her there for my work day and come back to pick her up to be served with another $990 for nothing! She was there 2.5 days and between the 2 bills was charged 6 days! He is a rip off artist!!! Stay away he is still holding my 69yo mothers dog hostage! Be warned!

Va

Comments

Fo
  27th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

He did the same thing to me and charged me for shots that I did not authorize. I had to call the Sheriff on him just to get my dog out because he refused to let me have my dog back.

Mk
  3rd of Apr, 2009

I was also in a similar situation at "Tribeca Soho Animal Hospital" in NYC. Dr. Burns did some procedures on my cat without my consent and he charged me for it. What's wrong with these vets???

28th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have never seen a vet with such a callous attitude. And the level of care was absolutely horrifying!

If your experience was anything like mine, I urge you to file a formal complaint with The State of Florida and The Florida Veterinary Medical Association.

email: info@fvma.com

8th of Dec, 2010

Unfortunately as with medical doctors, they are constantly blamed for things that they have no control over. If you bring in your pet on the verge of death what do you expect. Get over it you are bitter Dr. Shank has his days but he is great at what he does, he just doesn't like people who come in when there isnt hope left for their pet rather then performing maintanence. Guarantee you pay more in the long run elsewhere.

Ky
  28th of May, 2017

@petlover123 You have obviously been on of the poor, poor KIDS he takes under his wing!!! Unbelievable. You should see what he did to my dog. A cut 6 inches long for being SPAYED and it's terribly infected. Refused to help pay for treatment, said she was "in here bouncing around". Clearly doesn't know how to control animals that need to be calm!!!

8th of Dec, 2010

And i know about this scenario that was originally you posted its funny when the police came they agreed with th doc... wish u the best with your pets!

Ky
  28th of May, 2017

@petlover123 Every time I've been back there are new people working there. The only reason why people came in was because there was a nice lady vet. SHE QUIT!!!

9th of Dec, 2010

Never worked there for the record

Dr
  12th of Sep, 2014

It is a terrible thing to say that the professional vet doesn't like it if you bring your pet in for end of life issues. A compassionate doctor would understand how hard that is for a pet owner.

And of course the police are going to side with the doc. First of all, that is a civil matter. They are not a judge, and are rendered POWERLESS to their corporate masters.

There are really good vets out there. A lot of them. Obviously this one should be overlooked.

El
  21st of Jul, 2016

EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AT SHANKS PLEASE CONTACT ME AT pearl698@gmail.com please I'd love to hear from all of you!!!

Th
  6th of Nov, 2017

De. Jerry Shank on my case, it’s one of the BEST EVER WONDERFUL VET I meet and choose for my pets, he save my Labrador from a stomach infection, also spay and neuter my cats with out any problem after surgery, he saved one my female cats with a quit check he knew what was going on and immediately he proceed preparing her for x Ray s for a piometry, that night she stay on his clinic and next day I took her home ” WITHOUT ANY PAYMENT LIARS”they didn’t force me to pay anything at that time, they ask me how I was going to pay and we did a payment agreement. They are the best. Same with my other pets. YOU ALL ARE LIYING. I am a pets animal lover and I have 25 cats +2 dogs and Dr. Shank ALWAYS help me even coming to the clinic a Sunday when he was closed for a emergency with one of my cats. STOP YOUR B—Sh—, and get busy evil people. My name it’s Javier Bravo and I love Shank animal hospital.