Seventh Avenue / Terrible service

1 1112 7TH AVEMonroe, WI, United States Review updated:

In January of 2006 I ordered a pot &pan set from them. Once the set had arrived I only used them for a week when one of the lids exploded on the pan that I was boiling water in. I called and reported it and told the company that if they wanted me to pay for this set that i wanted the lid replace. I was informed by the company that they would send me out a replacement set asap. I never received the set that they claimed to have mailed me. I was checking my CR and found out that they did a charge-off for the set. If the lid had been replaced like they said they would the account would have been paid.

This is what I told them when they called and reminded me to pay my account. I would ask them when they were going to replace the part that exploded when I was cooking and they claimed that they shipped out a new set to me that I never received. The company could not provide proof of anyone in my household signing for any delivery from them with the replacement.

Va

Comments

• Mo
      15th of Jun, 2009

We have an account with them and were told that we had $500 available to make purchases. We made a qualifying purchase and it was then denied. We had just finished paying off a balance with them, so there should be no problem there. They sell cheap quality items and do not honor their own credit terms!!!

30th of Jun, 2009

I had an account with 7th Avenue and was making monthly payments. I rec'd a call from a collection agency stating I owed $257 to 7th avenue. I checked my records and the last statement I rec'd from 7th avenue was in january. I called the company and I was told the company had changed my address in Feb to an old address I had in 2004 from a Swiss colony account. I told the lady I had bought a new home in 2007 and received products. I had not rec'd a statement from them since January 2009. The rep said it was my resposibility to watch my account. Due to the company my credit rating has dropped 200 points. Do not order anything from them. They are out to ruin you and your credit.

17th of Feb, 2010

this company is such a rip off. They continued to bill me even though I kept sending them proof that I had a zero balance as of 3 months ago. The nerve

• Kr
      19th of Sep, 2011

I have tried calling 7th avenue and get the same message all lines have excess volume calls call back at a later date then they hang up on me.
    I ordered 2 pair of slippers in Aug. 2011 a comfronter and a slow cooker. The first part was 1 pair of slipper and the slow cooker with out the
    cook book. The second shipment was the comfronter and thats all. I have not receivied the 2nd pair of slippers even tho in the fist shipping
    order it stated that there were both in there. the frog slippers were not there. kristen hurley

• Un
      5th of Jun, 2014

I have never in all my life dealt with such an unprofessional company.I payed off my account and tried ordering something else...you have to wait for the credit dept to approve it by that time the watch had sold out . I've worked in Customer Service for years we have always taken an item out of inventory when the order is placed. So I called several times trying to order the same item in a different color, , , to make a long story short they had me on hold for nearly an hour.So when someone picked up they would say that's an advance customer service issue let me transfer you.I've worked for big companies HSN, Macy's...Im trying to rebuild credit so that's why I'm dealing with them, but no matter how big or small the company is you should always treat your customers with respect.Its also weird they don't report when you make your payments on time..but someone commented they reported them to the credit agency's when they were late.

• Am
      10th of Dec, 2014

This company has poor service and false advertising! They send people catalogs saying they are pre approved and then after you place an order they want 50 percent of the money upfront! What kind of crap is that! They did it to me and I called them to check on my order and that's when they told me they wanted half of my money upfront! B'S THEY didn't have the decency to contact me in any way to tell me that! Especially last minute before Xmas! They are way over priced and sell mostly junk to be pulling three B'S that they do!!!

• Ga
      4th of Jun, 2016

Someone ordered laptops to a different address and name and was allowed to open a credit card under my name. I do not believe a Company would allow a credit card to be issued to someone ordering laptops to a different name and address as a new customer. They must be idiots at that Company to allow this!

• Ro
      15th of Mar, 2017

I ordered a few items for christmas. One doll head, a baby doll, and a tablet. The items are cheap. The doll leg was broken when we took her out of the box. The doll head would not stand up. My daughter had to hold the head with her legs to comb the doll head. You are suppose to be able to sit it on a table. The tablet was cheap. It fell off my daughters bed and it stop turning on. No cracked sceen or anything. This place sucks!!!