SCS / carpet fitting

I had a carpet fitted on the morning of 07/07/2018 and although I am very happy with the carpet there was a lot of damage to the surrounding walls and wood work, in fact, I currently have over 20 different photographs of the damage and this includes scratches, scuffs, hand and finger prints and chips. This was across the three floors of my house and means that I have had to repaint the marked/chipped areas as well as redoing some of the wood work.

Also, the paperwork I currently have specifies a fit cost of £57.00, however, upon arrival I was told that this was in fact £81.60. If this is correct then SCS have failed to provide me with an updated cost breakdown.

I am obviously quite frustrated at having to fill chips in walls, sand and repaint quite large areas at extra expense to myself. The paint we use in our house is Valspar and this does not come cheap at £35 for a 5L tin. I contacted SCS to request some sort of compensatory offer and log my complaint which I feel is reasonable considering the amount of damage done. This isn't just a couple of scratches and is literally every single wall the whole way up the house. I can't help but feel that the guys fitting the carpet may have been in a rush to get away as England were playing in the World Cup this day.

I received a short reply from the SCS Flooring and Insurance Supervisor after having chased up the complaint for 2 months and was basically told to contact the fitter along with their contact details, no help from SCS whatsoever.

Ja