Savings2Go / Unsolicited e-mail, unwanted &MEMBERSHIP.&

United States, Texas, Plano Review updated:
Savings2Go, Stonebridge Benefits Services
2700 W. Plano Parkway. Plano, TX 75075-8200
Phone: 1-800-448-0166
Unsolicited e-mail, unauthorized “membership” established in my name.

On the morning of [protected], I received an unsolicited e-mail from Savings2Go
stating “welcome to Savngs2Go” here is your membership number.

I have never heard of this “company” nor have I ever applied to them for a “membership.” Being suspicious, I Googled “Savings2Go complaints” and found a treasure-trove of horror stories about unauthorized charges being made to credit cards.

I immediately contacted the nearest Better Business Bureau in Abilene, Texas about this organization and they were no help at all.

I became concerned about charges showing up on one of my credit cards so I decided to call a phone number in Plano, TX associated with Savings2Go, AKA “Stonebridge Benefits Services Company” at 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX [protected]. I advised the first person I talked to of the unsolicited e-mail and my desire to NOT BE A MEMBER. I was immediately given the run-around and then asked for personal information concerning my home phone number and my date of birth. I told this person, “let me speak to your supervisor” and I soon began a conversation with someone named (I believe) Sharon. I repeated my dilemma, and got the same song and dance concerning “You need to give me your home phone number and date of birth…”

Long story made short, I told Sharon I was about to file a complaint with the Attorney General of Texas if she didn’t immediately remove me from their “membership.” I did give them the bogus membership number they assigned to me and told them, stop this immediately. Not knowing if they indeed will delete my “membership” and stop sending me unwanted and unsolicited e-mails, I filed a complaint on-line through the Attorney General of Texas.

I am now in the process of sending my complaint file to the address of Stonebridge Benefits in Plano by CERTIFIED MAIL with DELIVERY CONFIRMATION to ensure these unscrupulous people STOP, CEASE and HALT all further e-mails to me. I also wish to keep a paper-trail of this in the event I discover charges being made to my credit card. If they do not comply, I am delighted to file a lawsuit against these people.

N  22nd of Jan, 2009 by
savings2go is deducting unauthorized money from my banking account and I want it stopped HOW.
A  25th of Jan, 2009 by
Dear Savings2Go,

Would you like my SS# and mother's maiden name? You guys are fraudulent inconvenience. Got2hell.

N  20th of Feb, 2009 by

Savings2Go - Unauthorized $14.95 membership charge
3020 Woburn Dr.
Phone: 330-644-3763

I found an unauthorized charge of $14.95, dated 2/6/09, on my Visa account. I called the 800 number and spoke with a "representative" who spoke very broken English, asking for my phone number, birth date, etc. I demanded a credit to my Visa account, to which she finally agreed. I hope to see this credit on my next Visa statement. Meanwhile, I am being charged a finance charge for this amount.

Anything you can do to stop these types of unauthorized charges from happening will certainly be appreciated. I feel sorry for those who just pay their bill without actually looking at the charges.
N  20th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
If anything is taken off my card .I will also contact the atterney general of Texas office and file charges. I dont know how you got to be part of prar cross necklaces's web page, But ill let them know also. do not make me a member. And im printing a copy of this e-mail to send to the proper authorities if Im not removed by 02-21-09, before 2pm central time. thank you
A  23rd of Feb, 2009 by
I have also been charged $12.95 to my Visa card (2/18/08). I called the 800 number and talked to a well spoken young lady who said she was sorry for and inconvenience said she would refund the money and remove my name from their member list. I will re-post with more info if or when I get the refund.
N  15th of Mar, 2009 by

Savings2Go - Unsolicitied Membership

March 14, 2009
Recieved unsolicited mail stating that "Your Membership Card Has Arrived!" I did not, to my knowledge, sign up for any such membership and have no idea where this membership request originated. Somehow they also sent an email to me, how they got that and my physical address is a complete mystery to me.
The only thing I can think of was when I was ordering the "Free Trials" of Colon Cleanse Detox and Acai Berry Detox for my wife to try out before actually ordering. I found out today that both Detox programs have in their fine print that after the free trial you do not cancel then they will automatically deduct from your account ($90.00 per product almost).
To date Savings2Go has not deducted anything from my bank but I am watching!
N  22nd of Mar, 2009 by
I was looking at my bank statement and noticed this $14.95 charge. I had never authorized this.
A  23rd of Mar, 2009 by
I too have been billed by them I called and said I bought some thing on line in January I disagreed and the said that my account would be closed and my money refunded.

I checked just to make sure and I did no online purchases aether by my credit card or pay pay during that month. Not sure how they accessed my account but some thing needs to be done.

On the same day they billed me I also got a bill from Leasurplus for the same amount I emailed them, they too have canceled my account and said that I would get a refund for the exact amount as Savibgs2go both 14.95
We shall see if this is taken care of in my next billing period.
A  30th of Mar, 2009 by
I also had a charge of 14.95 on my credit card from Savinge2Go. I called and they said someone from this address had authorized membership in Savings2Go. No one had. They agreed to cancel the membership and credit my account.
N  12th of Apr, 2009 by
i am been charged 14.95 a month on my credit card and i never authorized it
N  12th of Apr, 2009 by
i received a savings to go and charged me 14.95 I have no idea of what it is.I just want my money back I don't have much money as it is I am on fixed in com .I have no idea how they got 14.95 off my card.
N  14th of Apr, 2009 by
They charge my credit card 14.95 a month, i did not know they were going to charge me this.
A  16th of Apr, 2009 by
Savings 2 go have deducted $14.95 from my credit account, I never subscribed membership from this company.Please be aware to check that the company is bogus/fake.

N  19th of Apr, 2009 by
This company continues to charge my credit card.
N  11th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Unfortunatly the company is real - and still using this automatic opt-in on several websites - Perhaps if the Attorney General. BBB and FTC should be in receipt of your complaints it might help but probably not- maybe we should suggest that the 1st Lady buy a Shamwow online

The complaints did cause them to hire Melissa who spends all her time responding to the complaints (GOOGLE "At Savings2Go nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation... )

N  11th of May, 2009 by
If its a debit card you need to have bank reissue a card & report fraudulant activity

A  23rd of May, 2009 by
I purchased a "Billy Mays" product called "Fix it Pro" and paid online with a credit card. Unknown to me this signed me up for a $14.95 monthly membership to savings2go. I disputed the charge with my credit card company. Billy Mays is a con artist and junk salesman, a thief, a cheat and a fraud. Don't buy his Oxy Clean, Fix it Pro or any of his other junk
N  9th of Jun, 2009 by
I had a charge on my card, and didnt know why, and found out you have to accept a 10.00 dollar coupon or something of that nature when you order something and when you put in your e-mail address it immediatly signs you up, so all you have to do is call there 800 # and tell them you dont want it anymore and they will gladly refund your money within 72 hours they were very quick and nice.
N  15th of Jun, 2009 by
they change for my credit card 14.95 two time l want my money back
N  19th of Jun, 2009 by
Whatever membership I"m suppose to have...504 205 380...I want cancelled...NOW I better not be charged
anything on my credit card...Whatever I bought that day...has been sent back...
I'll never buy on line again... LCILLE CYR 6/20/09 9pm