Savings2Go / charged my card wo/authorization

MN, United States Review updated:
A charge for savings2go just showed up on my card. The charge was for $14.95. I have called my bank and am having the charges disputed. Hopefully my bank can track them down and prosicute! What they are doing is against the law!
Mi

Comments

Su
  16th of May, 2009
Charges showed up on my card as well. When I checked my card transactions online I got a telephone # 800-448-1944. I called this number and spoke w/ a person (option 6) to cancel the account. They had my wifes email, however, she says she didn't give out our credit card number. They are supposed to credit my card for the transaction. Good luck.
Shane
Bo
  25th of May, 2009
I do work for savings2go (aegon) and every call is recorded and is reviewed by not just one but multiple levels of quality control making sure that the script was followed, all prices said correctly and the cust said his or her zip code correctly or pushed the appropriate keys on your phone. Theres alot more rules a rep must follow but I wont get into all of it.

**YOU** must authorize the sale or it doesnt go through, its that simple. I will guarantee that every one of you who are complaining DID in fact say your zip code to the rep or push the keys on the phone AFTER the rep said the "to confirm this authorization etc" statement, which gives authorization to charge your card. Every sale is recorded and kept to protect the company from people who agree to try the program and then call it a scam or say they didnt authorize it...and also to protect the customer from any potential errors.

but

Its just not possible for a sale to get completely passed unless you agree to have it sent out.

Also you have 30 days to CANCEL the program if you dont like it and your only out one dollar. Most companies give you 7 or 14 days. You will save more than 1 dollar in that 30 days and if you like it, keep it for the monthly fee. I dont see a scam there.

So whether you (want to) remember it or not, you agreed to have it sent out.

The economy is bad enough without people agreeing to pay for things on the phone and then backcharging and going online and destroying the companies credibility because they acted as poor and uninformed customers.

In closing, Ill say savings2go is not a scam, its a legit company with real people just doing their jobs and trying to feed their families too. The reps are not heartless salesmen...some have been in the military, some are just single parents, etc.
Ja
  21st of Jul, 2009
I absolutely agree with the argument that this is a scam. I was also charged without authorization. When I called in the lady told me it was because I purchased a house cleaning product from a website and that website signed me up. I don't think a website can sign me up for a membership and authorize funds to be debited from my account. I never purchased a cleaning product online. I went back through my bank statements and I was never charged for a cleaning product that I supposedly purchased online. I was also told that the 14.95 will be refunded to my account. If I don't see it soon I will be escalating the issue.
Da
  20th of Aug, 2009
if you contact the number listed in your back account statement that is associated with the unauthorized charges, they (savings2go) will work with you.

it happens that i was enrolled into their services when i placed an online order for something else, you have GOT to make sure you read EVERYTHING on the online invoice BEFORE you click "pay now", as i did not and there was a box already checked to enroll me, all i would have had to do was to UN-check it and this would not have happened.

the same thing happened to me at my bank with the bounced check scenario, and after i called Savings2Go, they refunded the 14.95 back to my account, and will be refunding the 30.00 once they receive the fax i will be sending them showing the unauthorized charge, and the following nsf fee that was a direct result of that unauthorized charge.

the statement you fax to them needs to include a running balance, showing how their removal of the 14.95 caused a shortage in your account that directly resulted in the return of a check that would have cleared had the 14.95 been in there.

as you can see from the attached photo, after i deposited 200 to my account, i wrote a check for 196, but because of the 14.95 unauthorized charge, it bounced, and the bounce was a dirtect result of their charge. you can also see where they have already refunded me the 14.95, and they will be refunding me the 30.00 fee once they receive the fax im going to send to them today showing them the same thing im showing you.

so all in all, there is hope.
St
  23rd of Apr, 2010
did call the Savings2Go customer service, and I ordered them to fax me my signature when I agreed to sign up for their program. The only thing they told me is that I purchased something from a company I have never even heard of.

That comment is NOT my signature. That is NOT any agreement. I want to see, in writing, when I agreed to these charges.

Additionally, where are these services that I allegedly received from them? I have nothing but this group having unauthorized access to my bank account. I have changed accounts because of them.

In the state of Illinois, it is illegal to record phone calls without both party's consent. I NEVER consent to being recorded. If I must be recorded in order to talk to a customer service rep, then they have agreed to be recorded for quality assurance. You should hear the response to that.

What do you think? Should I YouTube the conversations?

Then we will see how fast Savings2Go responds.
Ka
  29th of Jun, 2010
My father got a letter from them telling him he was enrolled in their program. He has no credit cards, and the only account he has is a checking account which does not end in the number they provided that they said they'd deduct $14.95 automatically monthly, "authorized by him on June 16, 2010 by phone." He has no internet to sign up for anything. We have no idea how they got his name which is spelled wrong. He says they never called him, but then he's 94 and one can't always rely on him very well.