Savings2Go / unauthorized credit card charge

My chase credit card statement showed 3 transactions (dated 12jan, 12feb and 12feb) in the amount of $14.95 each month. Total $44.85.

I did not ask for this service.in fact, I have never heard of it prior to noticing it on my statement. A bit worried how they got my credit card number.

This is the second time in the past year this has happened to me.

Please advise,

Robert daniels
[protected]
Bertojoto1@gmail.com

Comments

• Bo
      1st of Jan, 2009
    Savings2Go - unauthorized withdrawal
    knight's welding
    Wingo
    Kentucky
    Phone: 270-376-5502

I found a $14.95 withdrawal from my checking acct#, I will have to try and block future withdrawings thanks. bobby

• St
      7th of Jan, 2009
    Savings2Go - unauthorized withdrawl
    Steve Matson
    Berryville
    Arkansas

This company has been taking money out of my bank account since 10-17-07 and I have never authorized any of this to take affect. The amount is 14.95 which adds up to be 224.25 and they said they would refund all of it since I never signed up with them and never heard of this company before.

• Ra
      21st of Jan, 2009
    Savings2Go - money from checking acct
    Concord
    North Carolina

This company (Savings2go) has removed 14.95 from my checking account without my authorization...What kind of company is this? Ramona January 21, 2009

• Ta
      26th of Jan, 2009

A charge of $14.95 was withdrawn from my debit account without permission from Savings2go.com on 1/20/09

• Te
      30th of Jan, 2009
    Savings2Go - took money out of my acct. w/o permission
    Homemaker
    California

I just noticed money from checking acct. missing for the amount of $ 14.95 by a company named Savings2Go. I've never heard of this company, and never authorized them to anything, anyway! This is not legal and I hope they are caught!
    Terrie

• Vi
      2nd of Feb, 2009

Like so many others, my 92 year old mother received charges on her credit card from Savings 2 Go, Plan Plus, EZ Saver, and American Leisure, all the same company I believe. When I spoke with someone at the 800 number, I was told that my mother had enrolled in a service to receive coupons for discounts to resorts, hotels, restaurants. She never received anything in the mail, had never spoken with anyone about such a service, and at 92, has no intention of using such a service! I believe that this is a bogus company that first charges your credit card or bank account for $1, waits to see if anyone complains, then begins monthly charges for $14.95-$16.95. The company was able to obtain her credit card number somehow, we believe it was when she ordered vitamins. Beware that you are dealing with legitimate companies when you give someone your credit card number. And be diligent when looking at your monthly statements. I think more and more companies are trying this scam of small monthly charges, hoping they will go unnoticed.

• Ju
      3rd of Feb, 2009

My elderly mother and I have a joint checking account and I just found out that $12.95 has been fraudulently been withdrawn for this account for several months. I have our bank checking further to determine how long this has been going on. Our bank did some preliminary investigating and found that Savings2Go is the culprit. They just informed me this evening and I will be stopping in our local branch tomorrow to stop any further withdrawals. Judging from the complaints that I have reviewed, this is not the first time this organization has fraudulently scammed innocent folks. To add insult to injury,
    my Mom passed away in December and I'm trying to get her affairs in order and try to put some closure to the financial end of her affairs. It doesn't matter how much they took, it was taken without knowledge on our end.

Thank you for allowing me to vent and at the same time lodge a complaint.

• Da
      9th of Feb, 2009

yes they just charged my account 14.95 and i don't even know this company and there is this another one LEISUREPLUS, both charging me 14.95. I called them and told me that they will refund my money and they cancelled my membership effective this day (feb 8 2009). They better give my money back!!

• St
      10th of Feb, 2009

I checked my account today and notice like the others that my account had been charged 14.95. I called the number that was mentioned in one of the above complaints and was given the option of cancelling my membership, and then it said my money would be refunded. I don't remember signing up for anything except the wounder haggers so I hope they do refund my money sence I have already paid for the hangers.

• Ta
      18th of Feb, 2009

i didn't request anything from savings2go and this morning got up and found a charge of $14.95 taken off my card. I had thrown the card out, and now i can't find the website or phone number, to cancel something i didn't order and request a refund of my money.

• Pa
      22nd of Feb, 2009

whomn ever took 14.95 out of my checking account with out my permission. please put the money back into my account asp. thank you my e-mail is alley31901@aol.com

2nd of Mar, 2009

14.95 was charged to my credit card without my permission?? How di they get my number?? Savings2go 3/1/09 (happened 2/17)

• Fa
      4th of Mar, 2009

I received a charge for 14.95 on my credit card I never authorized this. I called the company and they wanted my home address and phone number which I would not give them. I did have to give them my name and they said they would reverse the transaction within 72 hours. I also called my bank and they said if it was not reversed in 72 hours to called them again and they would do it. They said they have heard of this company before. I then looked up their site and saw a lot of complaints. Is there nothing that anyone can do to stop these people. they are ripping off alot of people.

• Jp
      7th of Mar, 2009

A charge of 14.95 was withdrawn from my green dot card without my permission on 3/5/09. This isn't the only scam. Watch out for Wonder Hangers ( as seen on T.V.) J.P. Layton

• Ad
      14th of Mar, 2009

DITTO...have been faithfully sending ingas receipts since June 2008. I get an email acknowlegement
    telling me I have met their requirements and no further action needed on my part.
    BUT, I still have not received any redemption coupons. Last month, the
    envelope was returned to me so I gues I have been snookered...
    Same with airline tickets promised for air travel.
    Buyer beware !

• Ru
      17th of Mar, 2009
    Savings2Go - WITHDRAW OF MONEY FROM ACCOUNT
    SAVINGS2GO
    New York

Found a unauthorized withdraw from my checking account done by this company. I have never heard of them. have contacted my bank to secure information on the transaction

• Je
      18th of Mar, 2009

You actually did authorize it, through ordering something from an infomercial...we got hit when we ordered a shamwow, other people for wonderhangers, etc. go back to the website where you ordered it and read the fine print at the bottom. it'll clear everything up for you.

22nd of Mar, 2009

The same charge appeared on my account too and I never registered to join this club. Have no idea how they send me a card and withdrawn my money of 14.95? This happened on 3/22/90 I think, but I don't see how they could have done this.

• Ti
      27th of Mar, 2009

have you ordered a shamwow online? my husband did..then all of sudden these charges came from savings2go..I was not impressed...I did call them and got a total refund, I called shamwow first then savings2go... good luck!

• De
      15th of Apr, 2009
    Savings2Go - CANCELL TODAY
    savings2go
    131 south m street
    Livingston
    Montana

i want this to be totaly cancelled and my name and all other info. took off all your books and dont send me any thing on this, i did not order this program and i want refunded the 14.95 to my account and if it comes up again it will get turned down. NO EXPECTIONS DONE BY 4/16/09 AT NOON .
    Dee McCoy (0653209621)