Santander / auto loan

NY, United States Review updated:

Have you had or are you having an unpleasant experience with santander consumer usa?

Please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com if you have experienced the following with santander comsumer usa:

1. A default on your auto loan with santander. (the default should be after your loan was purchased by santander comsumer usa from another bank)
2. A deferment granted on your auto loan after it was in default.
3. A repossession of the vehicle after the deferment was granted.

Please email me with your name, email address, location and the specifics of your situation.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Comments

• Lj
      Aug 09, 2011

The exact same thing happened to me with my loan with Citifinancial Auto. During the course of my 60 month loan with them I had asked for about 6 extensions. It was never explained that this would result in a HUGE balloon payment so, I was told I was eligible for an extension on my loan. Next thing I know the loan was sold to Santander Consumer USA without any type of notification by Citifinancial! Then, after making a couple payments to Santander, I lost my job and had to move back in with my family. I contacted Santander to see if I could get an extension for one month. I was told my request was submitted and to call back in a couple days for their decision whether or not to grant the extension. When I did, I was told it was not granted. At that point, I stated that without the extension my payments will be over 30 days past due because of their unwillingness to work with an unemployed person who is trying to be responsible AND that since they claim all calls are recorded, they would have my promise to pay my debt even if it is going to be late.

So now, I have to deal with several calls everyday from them. I don't bother to answer because it is NEVER a person on the line, just a recording stating I need to call to discuss my past due payment. I just keep making my payments late...I only owe about $1800 and then I will be DONE with Santander Consumer USA!

• Je
      Oct 30, 2012

I had a loan for a camper about 5 years ago . The loan was for $18000.00 and was paid off . I just got sued for 43, 000.00 on the same loan. I have to go to a special commissioner this Fri . I have all the paperwork, Lien release, returned check, I want to sue their ### off. The went as far as to put this judgement on my credit report.