Santander Consumer USA / payments

1 United States

Through Bill Pay from my Bank of America account 5 $50 payments were sent in error (my error) to Santander Consumer USA in Texas. These payments were intended to go to Santander Bank as a Checking account deposit to my sister's account. The acct # for that is [protected]. This was listed on each payment. Because these were not loan payments and because there was no Loan # on them, Santander Consumer was not (understandably) able to apply them to any account. I understand that Santander Consumer USA is a separate entity from Santander Retail. I understand that they felt they could not pass the payments on to the correct location. What I do not understand is why the payments were not reversed. They Knew they were not Loan Payments, they Knew the account # did not match any Loans. Why did they keep the payments? Where are the payments. BOA contacted Santander both on the phone and in writing. We have confirmation from Allison and Sharissa at Santander Consumer USA that none of the payments were applied anywhere. We also have written confirmation from both that the situation would be resolved within 30 business days. That was December 13, 2018. Today is February 6, 2019. I have made numerous calls to both BOA and Santander Consumer customer service. Each company assured me the onus was on the other company to take care of my issues. I went in person to BOA and was told Santander needs to reverse the payments. to this very minute there has been no resolution to this ongoing, seemingly out of control predicament. I am out $250. Santander Consumer USA has that $250. I want it returned immediately.

• Updated by Kristine Cooper, Feb 06, 2019

I cannot tell if the complaint has been sent. Your process is not user friendly.

• Updated by Kristine Cooper, Feb 06, 2019

HELP ME get my money returned from Santander Consumer USA.

Kr