Samsung / repair of tv under warranty

I bought a 32 inch samsung tv on april 29 that had a one year warranty.In early june the picture turned a dark color, then black. I took it offline and replaced with an old 20 year old tv while trying to get the original fixed. I called samsung and they said they would try to find a local repairman to repair the set. About a week later I decided to try the tv again. It worked and I called samsung and informed that it had repaired itself. It worked ok until august 22 when it failed again. After a call to samsung they located a local repairman to work on the set. On 29 august a local repairman came out, looked at the tv and ordered a new video board. Did not work. After unsuccessful attempts to get the repairman to fix the tv, samsung finally found another repairman to work on it. On october 4, a repairman came out, same problem and ordered another video board on oct 6. Nine days later on october 15, repairman called and said samsung called that day and stated they needed another number off the tv before they could send the part. Still waiting for my new tv to be fixed. I compained many times to samsung about the tv and lack of service, and requesting that they provide another tv or just return my money. Stated they couldn't do it. The botton line is that after almost two months I still am waiting for my tv to be repaired. Although the representatives at the company were very courteous and seemed serious about providing good service I am extremly upset about the compainies response, and still waiting for the problem with the tv to be fixed.

Thanks,

Stan garoutte

St

Comments

12th of Mar, 2009

Stan,
    Wow! Your complaint sounds so familiar to mine. My t.v. had the same problem. The repair companies that Samsung has under their warranty attempted to fix the main board 3 times, through a period of 6months and the t.v. is still not working correctly. After the 3rd repair, under warranty, if the t.v. doesn't work, Samsung is suppose to replace it FREE OF CHARGE. Customer Service response: " Under the the warranty, we can only offer you an upgraded t.v., but you must pay the difference, $625.00." Can you believe this!!! These ### have the nerves to pull a scheme such as this one! Misleading and undermining me, as the customer, after I paid over $1, 000 for a malfunctioned Samsung LCD t.v.! This is very frustrating and I will definitely by seeking some advise from my lawyer. IF YOU ARE READING THIS RIGHT NOW, DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND DON'T BOTHER BUYING A SAMSUNG TELEVISION!!!

Mariela

• Sm
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I and 100's of others have experienced the same problem. I have a 3 year old 40" Samsung LCD and about two days ago the picture is gone and you can only hear the sound. Of course my warranty ran out 25 days ago. I am not paying any repair fees after paying $3000.00 for this piece of junk. I have paid enough. These Samsung products are defective and we need to organize a class action lawsuit against Samsung. I am contacting other people with a similar problem. Please email me at [protected]@optonline.net so we can proceed to organize something. We can't let this one slip by. These products are defective.

• Kh
      17th of Feb, 2011

Sumsung South Africa
    I bought the 400L at Makro on the 17/07/2010. and on the 10/02/2011 my fridge stop working. I logg the call with Sumsung and the REF is 7111436620. The technician comes out but he didnt have the transfomer, the lady by the name of Caroline (011 984 6164)told me that I have to wait as they are receiving the stock from Korea, how redicolous is that, she refused that i must be given a new fridge because Im black, the service is sucks, if I knew I would go for LG it theis service is excellent. We must boycott buying the Sumsung products