Sam's Club / terrible service

608 Southwest 8th StBentonville, AR, United States Review updated:
1.25
Phone: 888-903-7267

I have been a member of Sams Club for over 3 years and a die-hard shopper of both Sams Club and Walmart Stores. This morning, I went to my local Sams Club Warehouse and was told to leave because I was not a 'business member.' Apparently they have this policy of only business members shopping before 10 am. I have gone into this warehouse many times before 10 am and no one has ever mentioned this to me before, much less kicked me out. The greeter told me to talk to the manager and pointed to a lady who was walking away from the front door to the check out's (She was a manager of some sort) She heard me mention (as I said it loud enough) that this was not very customer or member friendly to deny a paying member the opportunity to shop!

She continued to walk away as if she didn't care that there was a customer service issue at hand. It should make no difference what type of member (business or personal) that you may happen to be, any store(membership or otherwise) should not turn away business.

It is bad enough that we have to endure their long lines at the checkouts because they don't want to hire more people to checkout members. We usually have to wait an average of 15 mins. to get checked out and they thank us by kicking us out because we go into their store early? What's wrong with this picture?

I am canceling my membership and will not be shopping at Sam's or Walmart Stores ever again and I will be encouraging everyone I know to do the same. Walmart & Sams may be the largest retailer in the world but they have the worst customer (no) service in the industry!
Va

Comments

An
  3rd of Mar, 2009
hmm...sounds to me as though you cannot read the club hours on your card! I doubt that you had gone in there prior to 10am before because they always check the cards. I've been a member for a long time, too, and I assure you that I am pleased with my membership. Oh yes, and I know when the club hours are!
Co
  28th of May, 2009
The Business Member hours are for BUSINESS MEMBERS ONLY! Just because you were able to get away with it several times does not make it OK. There is a reason why we have certain hours set aside for Business Members, and it's because we cater mostly to small businesses. We do this so they can be there early and get the things they need for their business without having to wait. Also, this is a well known Sam's Club policy, and you agreed to follow this policy when you signed your membership agreement (i.e. your membership CONTRACT). I'm glad you're gone. There are so many great customers and the few bratty customers like you, ruin it. Good riddance.
Ju
  13th of Jul, 2014
the good sam in Alma Az. was terrible -the campground was like in a rv lot that they sell rv's. It was a terrible . The managers were nice. But as we drove in we said this is a good sam? Thanks god we only stayed one nite. Also the good sam in Chenyene called Terry Bison Ranch was terrible. Lots of animals but the smell from them was terrible. For the money we paid wasn't worth it. Also of oll workers live there. But for camping over nite-NO . Junk that people didn't pick up @ dog do do that people didn't pick up by their rigs. Good Sam needs to check places out for the price us RV'S pay. And this park in Chenyene is dirty.-showers @ all.

Sam's Club / Sam's West Logo Sam's Club / Sam's West