Sahalie Rewards Program / scammed by sahalie rewards program

Portland, OR, United States Review updated:
4.95
Phone: PO Box 4333

I purchased items from Sahalie in the past. Recently, my husband, who pays on our credit cards, discovered that the Bank Card, used for Sahalie purchases has been charged a regular monthly fee of $14.95 for the Sahalie Rewards Program, which I have never used. I did not authorized this bank charge and am pursuing reimbursement. I see there are others writing online about their negative experience and that people are lodging this same complaint. I called Sahalie. The customer service representative said she did not have any information to give me, but told me to call the rewards program phone number: [protected] M-F ET between 9:00am and 9:00pm.

Comments

20th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Follow-up to my complaint above: Sahalie's customer service was unable to help me and suggested I call the Rewards toll free number to resolve my complaint. See the result of my phone call below in my follow-up email to Sahalie/Norm Thompson customer service representative's email:

Thank you for contacting Sahalie.

We do not administer the Rewards program; we only offer our
customers the opportunity to take advantage of the membership. For
any further questions about your membership and the benefits of the
Sahalie Rewards Program, please contact the program?s customer
service at 1-888-528-7245. This is a toll free number and business
hours are 9 AM to 5 PM ET, Monday through Friday.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused.

In response:

"Thank you for your response. I do appreciate hearing from you. However, it's unfortunate that Sahalie's (Norm Thompson's) customer service department does not mediate communication between your customers and your affiliate program, Sahalie Rewards. I was able to speak with a Sahalie Rewards representative's supervisor this morning (10/20/08). I was on the phone for 15-minutes, but after hearing my complaint in full, they agreed to cancel my Sahalie Rewards membership and are sending me a full refund of monthly charges of $14.95/month dating back to October 2007. I am expecting a full refund check within 7-10 days. As a community developer and marketing consultant, I would like to comment further that I thing your rewards program is backfiring and you are loosing valued customers because of it. I discovered over the weekend that there are postings on the internet of Sahalie customers reporting the Sahalie Rewards program as a scam (ex. /link removed/ and complainstboard.com). You have lost my business because of this "inconvenience", so I wish to be removed from your mailing list. Thank you."
  20th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Here is the outcome of lodging my complaint with Sahalie Rewards: Below is my follow-up email response to the following Sahalie/Norm Thompson's 2nd customer service email:

Thank you for contacting Sahalie.

We do not administer the Rewards program; we only offer our
customers the opportunity to take advantage of the membership. For
any further questions about your membership and the benefits of the
Sahalie Rewards Program, please contact the program?s customer
service at 1-888-528-7245. This is a toll free number and business
hours are 9 AM to 5 PM ET, Monday through Friday.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused.

My reply to Sahalie customer service department, which includes the outcome of my phone conversations with Sahalie Rewards representative and supervisors:

"Thank you for your response. I do appreciate hearing from you. However, it's unfortunate that Sahalie's (Norm Thompson's) customer service department does not mediate communication between your customers and your affiliate program, Sahalie Rewards. I was able to speak with a rewards representative's supervisor this morning. I was on the phone for 15-minutes, but after hearing my complaint in full, they agreed to cancel my rewards membership and are sending me a full refund of monthly charges of $14.95/month dating back to October 2007. Working as a community developer and in marketing, I would like to comment that I think your rewards program is backfiring and you are loosing valued customers because of it. I discovered over the weekend that there are postings on the internet of Sahalie customers reporting the Sahalie rewards program as a scam (see /link removed/ and complainstboard.com for starters). You have lost my business because of this "inconvenience", so please take me off your Sahalie catalog mailing list. Thank you."
Un
  25th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
It is obvious from other reports that Sahalie must be fully knowledgable and complicit in this utter ripoff program. I had the same experience and fortunately the Rewards Pgm people refunded the $30 they had stolen from me before I noticed. I will of course never do business with Sahalie again and urge that others do the same. But I guess they think they can earn more by theft than honest business.
An
  10th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I thought I was too smart to be fooled by a scam as blatant as Sahalie Rewards. I've learned otherwise and will be on the phone seeking reimbursement at the first opportunity. I've bought from both Sahalie and Norm Thompson in the past. Never again!
Ca
  11th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I was also scammed by Norm Thompson after purchasing a raincoat for $199.00. When I opened my VISA bill today there was that charge plus another charge to Norm Thompson for $1.95.
Petty though it may be, I knew I didn't buy anything else. In doing my research I found others who had been scammed by this ENCORE REWARDS PROGRAM of theirs. Apparently, as you are checking out and giving your credit card number, they ask if you would like a $20 discount on future purchases. I don't really remember clicking, but must have...however, I definitely DID NOT SEE A CONTRACT saying I would have to pay $14.95 per month thereafter on my charge card. Automatically put on. The nerve. I emailed Norm Thompson and the customer service rep said they did not administer these rewards and gave me a number to call. The number, after waiting for ten minutes, was their own number and I had just gone full circle back to Norm Thompson. The gal then gave me the correct number which is the following: 888-613-7767. I then called Encore direct and she told me they were a Marketing Company and I could get discounts on travel, etc.
I told her to take off my $1.95 and all subsequent $14.95 from my credit card as I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS AND IT WAS A SCAM. I am really shocked that Norm Thompson would pull something like this. I realize times are hard, but this is really stooping low. I hope they read this.
Jo
  18th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i asked for the $14.95 a month to be cancelled and a refund issued. They said it would be cancelled, but not a refund and hung up on me. I called back and the most abnoxious woman answered, denying that someone hung up on me and tried telling me that I was at fault for not unchecking the box that got me involved in this absurd scam. After calling me honey over and over she finally gave in when I lost my cool and said I would get two $14.95 credits back. we'll see what happens. Definitly never ever ordering from them again.
Up
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Thank goodness for these websites. I just got a "Reward" catalog from Sahalie and had not signed up for it. I called the rewards program and Sahalie. Both representatives were polite and removed me from the program. I had already been charged $1.95 which is to be refunded. If I hadn't looked up the program I would not have gotten on this so quickly. I told them I was very disappointed in their company.
Vo
  29th of Dec, 2008

Necklace from Sahalie - Items Not Shipped
Sahalie
Georgia

I ordered my wife a Christmas present on the 12th of December, 2008 and still have not yet received it! I was charged $8 in shipping and have no indication that it will ever get here. After reading all the other complaints, I decided to find the only way to a person (since the Customer Service lines are hot and heavy with customers like me) so I pressed "1" for placing a new order and jumped onto the sales rep. Almost got a supervisor but they were all on other calls (big surprise) so I will go for the nuclear option and do a charge back. They asked me to wait 24 hours for a return call so I will give them that much but we all need to stand up to this kind of arrogance with a big ole CHARGE BACK!

Horrible customer service with over priced merchandise that may or may not even get to your door (well passed any normal amount of time). I would not order from these people again!!!

Stay Away!!!
St
  10th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I was scanning my credit card bill and noticed 3 months of Sahalie Rewards charges of $14.95 per month. My wife never (knowingly) signed up for this Rewards program!
Called Sahalie Customer Support. Like others, I was referred to 888.528.7245. I'll have to call tomorrow to try to get refunds.

This is not the first scam from Sahalie / Norm Thompson. Last month, they sent an email in which they tried to get my wife to sign up for $119 per annum CompleteHome membership. I was so mad about that but Sahalie never responded to any of my emails.
An
  22nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I feel the same about this issue.
I found that I have been billed for two months and now have to wait till tomorrow to call and see that they fix the problem.
I hope it goes smoothly, but I will never order from Sahalie again and will tell everyone I know that this is not a company to deal with. I think that Sahalie needs to sever ties with the rewards company or they will need a bailout.
  23rd of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My experience with Sahalie and their "rewards program" is exactly like all those above. I never sign up for such programs and find it very hard to believe that I would have enrolled in this one.
I called Encore Marketing and was readily promised a refund.
I will not buy from Sahalie again.
La
  19th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Wow! Thank goodness for this website. I just found the charges on my credit card tonight. I am outraged and am calling in the morning to demand a refund. It was helpful to know that others have been through this. I am never buying from Sahalie again. Such bad business practice.
Pe
  22nd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just disputed charges by Sahalie with my credit card company and have been "promised" a full refund of all reward program charges. I'm glad I found this website to back up my complaint. My credit card rep went to this web site as we were conferenced called to Sahalie. I had already been bombarded with e-mails even after unsubsribing and had to call about that. I will never buy from them again. This is true scamming at its best. I think my next letter will be to the Better Business Bureau.
Jd
  24th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I simply want to add my voice here to let people know how many of us got taken in by this. I have cancelled my "membership" with Encore Marketing, will not get a refund for the $60+ charges on my AmEx, and will never order from Sahalie or Norm Thompson again, which makes me sad, as I was a longtime customer. I have cancelled both catalogs and lodged my complaint with them. I feel stupid for not realizing it immediately or sooner than I did, but I had ordered so much from them for such a long time that it never occurred to me that something like this could happen. How can they afford to alienate loyal customers in this economy? Shame on them.
Ma
  8th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Found two recent Sahalie charges for 14.95 on my credit card. Called 1-888-528-7245 and finally they agreed to refund these two but not three previous charges. Said I agreed to this. Not so! Bunch of crooks. Beware of any Sahalie Rewards or Norm Thompson purchases. Marge
Ma
  18th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also have been charged since November 29, 2007. I was told I would only be reimbursed for the past 6 months. They were not helpful, would not listen that this is a scam & told me I also signed up for this when I didn't. Will contact the fraud department again at my credit card to inform them of this scam. Shame, shame shame!
Za
  2nd of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Just got off the phone with them & was promised a full refund for the 4 payments they charged me. They were cooperative and friendly. NOW, let's see if I get the $ in the "7-10 days" the have promised.
Vo
  24th of Jul, 2009
Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot believe this. I just noticed the $14.95 charge on my credit card statement. I called to cancel and found out that I had been charged from October 2008. The claim was exactly as stated above, that I had agreed to this when there is no way I would have agreed to some stupid thing like this. My bad for not noticing the charge on my statement for so many months but I cannot believe this. I have always loved that company and the products they sell. I will never buy from those thieves again. Never.

They finally agreed to refund 6 months worth of charges but these guys stole $60 from me. That is three butterfleece zip-Ts I could have had. Instead I will badmouth this company every chance I get.
Sh
  13th of Aug, 2009
I ordered several items on December 8th for Christmas stocking stuffers. They were all listed in stock at the time. It is now January 17th and the items have still not arrived. I called about a week before Christmas and was told that the items were in the mailroom and I would get them in time. Hmmm. My credit card has been charged and the latest email said I would receive some of the items on January 15th. Still no merchandise. Don't order from Sahalie unless you want complete disappointment.
Cj
  11th of Sep, 2009
oh my god, I saw that my account of Sahalie Rewards charged me $14.95 for second times. I did cancel it but still charge me again. I wanted to remove it now and avoid to use my credit card. That is shame to thief on my money.

Sahalie Logo Sahalie