Sahalie / customer service

I placed an order with Sahalie in order to receive the products before the Christmas holidays. Their catalog says that In Stock items will be received within 4-8 business days. Most of the items I ordered were in stock. 7 days later the items still have not shipped. Calls and emails to customer service go unanswered-in fact, if you try to check on an order on the phone you get a recording that the call volume is high and they cannot talk to you (from 9 am til 9 pm) but they are still taking orders. Clearly customer service is not high on their list of Corporate priorities. I can't even cancel or pay more to expedite my order. Buyer beware.

Comments

• Li
      13th of Feb, 2009

My husband placed an order for my Christmas gifts on December 13, 2008. One item shipped late December, the other two items were mysteries for a while. It seemed the second item shipped on January 7th (after two weeks of "staging"), but they couldn't give him tracking info and the third item was "staged for shipping" though he was given no other specifics. They kept telling him they were caught off guard by the holiday rush and only gave canned responses that the items were "staged for shipping". The second item did not arrive until January 15, 2009.

On January 7, 2009 he requested that final item be expedited at no cost and was assured it would happen. Incidentally that day I had received a new catalog showing that item as marked down 50%. He was promised the price adjustment and no-cost shipping. He called again to follow up on January 12, 2009 (five days later) about the third item and was told they may not even have that item any longer though they insisted again that it was still "staged for shipping". They also stated they had no way to "verify" it was on the floor. I asked him to cancel the order, which he did on January 12, 2009. To our surprise the item was charged to his card (full price plus original shipping, they did not honor the price adjustment and shipping) and arrived via USPS (not UPS) this week on February 12.

I am shocked that a company which claims to be in business for 36 years has such poor customer service and has an archaeic, ineffective processing/fulfillment center is still in business. I was horrified to see there were so many complaints. Had we known, we would never have placed our first and last order. I only hope that we are fully refunded for our return and now have the additional burden of MORE follow up and keeping a close eye on our credit card bill to make sure they don't screw that up. I have written a letter to the CEO John Emerick (thank you EMeyer!) which I am including in the return shipment as well as sending to the corporate office in Portland OR. Further, we are filing a complaint with the BBB in the state of Oregon.

13th of Feb, 2009

Thanks for writing that up. I'm too much of a "second gradeold" to have "writins" it myself. Thanks Jason for the lesson in creative "spellins". Ok, the last one was mine.

P.S. Questions have question marks after them.

• Es
      30th of Nov, 2009

Sahalie customer service manual must direct operator to hang up on customers. Their website cut off my full address so my order could not be delivered. I caught it on later email, but woman at Sahalie said that was my problem even though part of my order hadn't even shipped. Spent half her time misrepresenting my issue and then calling me names for asking to speak to supervisor since she wouldn't listen to my request. All they would do is credit my card when package returned not reship out package. In other words, all my discounts would be lost and my Christmas gifts would never arrive.

30th of Nov, 2009

Dear E-Shopper123,
    We read with dismay your comments regarding your ordering experience with Sahalie. Sahalie takes pride in providing its customers with unique, quality merchandise and exceptional customer service. From your post we appear to have failed and we apologize.

We do want to make this right for you, but to do so, we need your order number, or name and zip code. Please contact us at feedback@sahalie.com with this information. This will take you to the top. We promise. We will respond to you promptly. Again, our sincere apologies. We look forward to hearing from you.
    feedback@sahalie.com

• Go
      5th of Dec, 2009

Sahalie year after year does not stock styles, colors or sizes that they offer in the holiday catalog.
    Whether devious or incompetent this is a company to avoid.