Safeway / rude emloyee

757 E. 20th AveDenver, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7-1-877-723 3929

This Safeway has an employee working at the service desk that is extremely rude. I filed a complaint with the store manager, (no response or callback).. I filed a complaint with their regional customer service which was suppose to be forwarded to both the store manager and the district manager (no response) This incident happed on August 9, 2008 @ 9:13am Saturday, it is now Wednesday everning August 13, 2008 and still no response. The incident: I waited with another customer for ten minutes at the service desk for assistance.. The employee was in an office adjacent to the service desk. Not once did she turn around look out of the window to see if there were any customers waiting.. so I knocked on the office window. The employee came storming out of the office shouting 'WHO DI D THAT?"!!! I replied, "I DID" "YOU HAVE TWO CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR TEN MINUTES." It when downhill from there. I asked her to call the manager due to her extreme rudeness, I could not believe that she believed she could speak to a customer the way she was speaking to me with the feeling of impunity. But apparently she was right, she has in my opinion gotten away with this behavior without a word from her manager or the district manager. All she had to do was to come out of the office, apologize for not being attentive (watching to see if customers were at the service desk) and then ask me how could she help me. I spoke to her manager at the store, his response was, "I'll call you", no apology that I remember, and certainly not an apology from the employee. I called their regional office for Colorado stores and was assured that both the store manager and the district manager would be sent the complaint that I submitted .. As said I haven't heard from either of them. This store has just recently gone through a physical upgrade, hoping to appeal more to the more upscale customers that have recently began to shop there due to all the new renovations and brand new high rise apartment buildings that are being built near the store. I personally have been shopping there for years, but will never set foot in it again. Now I really know what it feels like to be one person up against a large corporation that could care less about you.

Comments

Mr
  14th of Feb, 2010
amen, they really dont worker or customer. just like others businesses all they care about is profits. they dont realize that both customers and workers are the ones who bring the money in.

Safeway Logo Safeway