SA Post Office / 3 packages lost and nobody willing to help

Had 3 seperate packages shipped to me from the US in the beginning of August, all from different places. Phoned the post office, they can't track it because the barcode is wrong : So they gave me the number of the Johannesburg International Postal Center, it took about 3 hours of constant calling to get someone to even pick up the phone, and then the systems were down. Today I phoned and had the pleasure (yeah right) of speaking to Bonnisiwe who told me my packages are untracable and that nothing can be done about it and keeps telling me to wait for the notification slip from my local po.

Things usually take 2 weeks to arrive here from the US, 3 weeks at the most! 8 weeks to wait for 3 is crazy! I suspect that my packages are lying in some dark corner left untouched because of the strike, or some lucky postal worker has decided to keep the contents for himherself.

They won't assign anyone to investigate, and they won't let me investigate myself. It's so disappointing to experience bad service like this.

Ne

Comments

• Er
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    SA Post Office - No package and no one knows where it is
    SA Post Office

I was sent a package from the US on the 7th of April 2010. I tracked the package and it went to the mail centre on the 13th of April 2010 and was accessed on the 14th of April 2010. It is an EMS package and should have been hand delivered to me at my home address. When i called yesterday the 15th of April 2010 they told me that the package will be sent out today the 16th of April 2010. I checked the tracking information on the SAPO website and it said 'in transit'. I called again today and they said that it will only be sent out on Monday.

I drove all the way from Pretoria to the JHB international mail centre to pick up my package. When i got there, the lady said that they cannot find the package and that they would have a look arounf for it. I waited 2 hours and they still havent found it.

I was told my Calvin that the package was sent with the driver this morning. So i basically wasted my time, and money going to the Mail centre. Its 15:49 the 16th of April 2010 now and nothing has been delivered to my home as yet. I called the mail centre again and supplied them with my tracking number and they still do not know where it is.