RX Smart / Unauthorized debit from checking account

Upon reviewing the activity in my primary checking account, I discovered a charge for $279.99 , a charge that neither my wife nor I, had any involvement with. After calling my bank and finding out who was the recipient of the money, I managed to get through to a person at "RX Smart". The product we had supposedly purchased, was an 18 month prescription medicine coverage plan. Considering that we have an outstanding health insurance plan, that includes terrific prescription medicine coverage, we knew right away that we were dealing with a fraudulent transaction. Our biggest concern, is how they were able to obtain our checking account number.

Apparently, there are many of you out there that have experienced the same problem. My hope is that by contacting the Attorney General's office, that an effort will be made to round up these con-artists and that they will be brought to justice.

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2007

My son just got hit with an unauthorized withdrawal from his bank account. He does not know of this company, never talked or contacted them. That is, until today. He was able to talk to somebody who warned him that if my son was angry (and he was), he would not give him a refund.

Regarding that refund, they have many *requirements* to process it, so I don't expect they'll do anything - it will not get processed. So my son's bank is handling the problem, and they are giving him a new account.

Does anybody know where a complaint can be made to a government organization?

• Ka
      26th of Jul, 2007

RX Smart debited $279.99 from a joint account of me and my husband's without authorization. I contacted them and by second ring was answered by recording stating to leave name and number and call will be returned. Of course there was never a returned call. I contacted my bank and have a dispute against them for fraud. When I searched the web for the company I found this complaint site. I immediately called my bank and gave them this information and the address for RX Smart. I cannot believe these people can get away with this act of fraud.

Please beware and Check your account always for these scammers.