Ruby Tuesday / terrible service and unacceptable food

North Haven, CT, United States

My husband and I stopped in the No. Haven, CT Ruby Tuesdays for a bite to eat. It was on Sunday, January 29, 2017, between 4 and 6:00 p.m. We ordered cheeseburger and grilled chicken platters. We were waiting over 30 minutes for the food to arrive. When it did, the chicken was ice cold. Couldn't find my waitress so I walked the plate myself to the kitchen. Another waitress stopped me and said that she would personally take care of it. We waited another 15 minutes or so. The original waitress returned with my plate. It came back the exact same way; ice cold. I could tell that it was not even tended to. It was literally sent back to me the same way I brought it to the kitchen. When I told her it was still cold, she stated that the manager was having some type of on-going problem with one of the cooks sending out cold food. This is not my problem and she shouldn't have even told me that. This made me uneasy about eating there. I told her that I didn't want it anymore and to bring the check. We again waited too long, so, when my husband and I reached a breaking point, he walked the check to the back, toward the kitchen, and cashed out. What also troubled me was that the manager never once came out to apologize to us. I guess we weren't important enough to him as patrons to receive some type of recognition. We paid $13.38 for the bill because we just wanted to leave. When I cooled down a bit and thought about it, especially feeling like we meant nothing to this place, I decided that I would like to have my money refunded. No one should ever have to experience that kind of behavior from any restaurant staff. I am never going back there again and I will be waiting for my reimbursement.

Li