Royal Palm Travel / Fraud, Deceit, Misrepresentation

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I went to a sales presentation (which I did signup without looking at their company further). We were told of wonderful savings on cruises, vacation packages, condos, airfair, etc., etc. We were also told we would receive $100 in gas and a FREE 3 day 2 night trip to Las Vegas (3 or 4 locations and we chose Las Vegas). Well, come to find out it's not a free trip at all - this is through Worldwide Travel Center - and first we had to pay $100. Then we had to pay a refundable $100. Now we pick our dates. And we have to send in $144 for taxes!!! So total $344 for a free vacation (I could plan it myself for that) - and they are saying the value of this gift is $2000 to $3000 so we have to file a paper with the IRS that could increase our taxes (because of this gift) $400 to $900. So much for a free trip!!! I went back to Royal Palm Travel in dallas and he really couldn't care less - just told me that I'd have to talk to Worldwide Travel Center. We have tried to book one airline ticket and saved only about $10. I am trying to book another airline ticket and have waited 3 days!!! to hear anything back on the quote. He said that they didn't offer any discounts on airline. I'm going to try and package and see if there really is any savings at all.
I'm putting together a class action lawsuit against both companies (Royal Palm Travel and Worldwide Travel Center). I have already been in touch with one person who complained against Royal Palm Travel and another person who complained against Worldwide Travel Center. I'm also going to be going every chance I get to warn other people in their sales presentations to at least sleep on it and review the company before making any purchase. I'm also going to be filing complaints with whoever I can (BBB, attorney general, etc).
Anybody willing to join the lawsuit or help warn other people, send an email to TJBrophy@verizon.net or TomBrophy@ymail.com

Comments

• 22
      22nd of Aug, 2009

We got our money back. After filing with Missouri BBB and our credit card company. Both put the heat on them. My credit card company actually put a credit on our credit card and would not pay the bill. All of the sudden we received two calls from Sea Land Travel/All Inclusive Excursions/Royal Palm Travel etc... They wanted to give us our money back. My husband met with them, we got our money back and immediately they asked for us to contact our credit card company so that their merchant account could be cleared. We were persistant. You credit card company can fight for you. If you have not got caught up in this scam STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY!!! If you have then contact everyone you possibly can think of. I had two television stations contact me about doing a story on them. We had researched sooooo much stuff on them and my husband told them some of the information we had on them. I think they were shocked we had done so much homeowrk. Good luck, and don't give up!!!

• Rf
      6th of Oct, 2009

Hi, my email is fred.riegle@hotmail.com. I was scamed last weekend. The speel sure changed to the actual. Lies, switch and bait, "trust me", I fell for it all. If you were taken by these people I'd like your advice or let's do something that might get us results. They're slick but we can fight it together.

• Br
      15th of Jan, 2010

hi, my name is Brandy and u can reach me @ brandylaplante@hotmail.com. i too was scammed last may. i've been trying to fight it with my credit card co. to all avail i've gotten nowhere. i'm very interested in joining u in a lawsuit. i actually purchased the travel package but when i went to book a vacation i found out that you could not do so online. turns out you have to book through an agent. the agent was rude and didn't get back to me in a timely manor. i work full time and go to school full time. so actually talking to some one became next to impossible. i asked them to contact me trough e-mail. the woman agreed and then continued to call me. i finally gave up on the constant phone tag. i was never able to book anything so i called my CC co. and i'm on my 5th dispute. i'm simply stating i never recieved any services and they are claiming that the fact that they looked in to vacations for me constitutes as a service! i'm absolutely sick to my stomache that i spent $750 to never recieve anything! not that i didn't try. I even sent in referals at which they said they would send me $100 and i never saw a cent!

- Brandy LaPlante