Royal Caribbean International / poor service

1 1050 Caribbean WayMiami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-256-6649

On March 21 my wife and I were on a cruise from Tampa, Fl to Cozumel, Mexico. We chose to use Royal Caribbean as our carrier. We were aboard the "Jewel of the Sea". The ship was OK but the food was terrible and the selection was sub standard for a cruise line. Several of the onboard restaurants were closed. The steak that was available one night was thin, overcooked and tough. Steak was only available that one night. Seafood and steaks were only available at onboard restaurants for an additional fee. The pool that was clearly posted for "adults only" was filled with noisy children. Under aged children were allowed to roam the ship unsupervised. When we were preparing to disembark at Cozumel, we were herded like cattle by a less than courteous staff. The movies at the onboard theater were out of focus. At the end of the cruise, an unauthorized "gratuity" was added to my bill without my authorization. If I had a choice, I would have increased the gratuity on my stateroom attendant and decreased the gratuity for the restaurant personnel. A gratuity is for excellent service and is voluntary. What Royal Caribbean did was add an unauthorized fare increase. I would certainly never recommend Royal Caribbean when considering a cruise. Even with all the problems Carnival Cruise lines has recently experienced, it would be a step up from Royal Caribbean.

Je
Apr 15, 2013

Comments

• Je
      15th of Apr, 2013