Roxio / Sonic CinePlayer surround 3.2 RX2 / The software does not work, horrible support!

I am an experienced PC user I am very familiar with software and hardware. I build and rebuild my own computer regularly. I recently bought a copy of the Roxio/Sonic CinePlayer surround 3.2 RX2 so that I could watch DVD’s on my computer.

I downloaded it and installed it as the instructions indicated. It was charged to my credit card. Since then I have spent seven days trying to make it work. I have had at least two separate problems with the install. I have done all of the standard re-download, reboot stuff and have removed all traces of previous products from the registry to prevent conflicts.

I have tried to contact Roxio and Sonic many times. They do mot answer email requests for service. I have filled out the Sonic Service request form and did get a case number but not a reply. I was able to get through to the real time chat twice but was disconnected both times before solving the problem. Many other attempts resulted in a try again later notice. Phone support costs $35.00. That is what the software cost me. I attempted to file a request on the Roxio site but it will not send the completed form without the user selecting an option from a blank menu that offers no choices. It is infuriating! Product registration is required before using the database however it took me at least seven attempts to get a registration to go through. Then the database refused to accept my registration numbers stating that I was not registered in the database.

The software does not work. There is little support and what there is basically abusive and there seems to be no way to request a refund. I suggest avoiding these two companies entirely because of their total lack of willingness to provide any support for a brand new product and because what contact there is is made so extremely difficult that it is impossible to get anywhere. I have found free products that do the same job without any fuss. There are many better companies to deal with.

Va

Comments

• Pe
      31st of Oct, 2007

I have the same trouble to get contact. Their webpage seems broken, the only effect of password-recovery is error-printouts.

Avoid until they learn to meet customers!

• Gr
      2nd of Feb, 2008

I purchased the Sonic DVD decoder. It will not activate. Tried several times. The number they sent is refused. You cannot contact these people by telephone. The 800 number gets you referred to a 900 number.
    Website offers no real assistance. I too am an experienced computer user. I suggest you do not buy from Sonic.

What a mess they have created!

• Cl
      8th of Mar, 2008

No service. After my download of Sonic Cindeplayer 2.3 my computor would not reboot and presented a message that I needed to "select proper boot device or insert boot media".

It is impossible to contact Sonic support - horrible experience. DO NOT BUY FROM SONIC!

• Tr
      22nd of May, 2008

Roxio is a RIP OFF. They intentionally prevent customers from contacting them-- and keep giving customers the run around. I purchased MyDVD 10 Premier-- am very competant computer owner-- have all the sytem requirements-- but there are so many bugs in their product-- including keys-- that it repeatedly crashes my system. Please report this company and pass the word-- DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! Contact any or all of the PC mags and online consumer users companies and let them know!! BEWARE-- you'll get ripped off. I also was not able to get my money back to I immediately reported it to my bank-- since the charges were on my card-- and I should be able to get these charges reversed. Good Luck!! 5/22/08

• Di
      4th of Jun, 2008

I also bought that CinePlayer 3.2 Surround a few months back. I gave up on it. I kept on trying to install it, uninstall it and reinstall it over and over again. I would try and open it and nothing happened. I am so pissed - I blew $40-somethin' on this piece of crap! And I tried to contact Roxio also and I had no luck with that. They kept telling me to contact the actual makers and there was no way of doing that! And their stupid Roxanne help thing...stupid!!! I hope they pay for their deception soon. Fook them and their products with something hard and sandpapery!