Ross Dress for Less / disatisfied customer

1 4032 Grand Ave.Chino Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (909) 590-2449

On November 30, 2007 while shopping at the Ross Department store located at 4032 Grand Ave. Chino Hills, CA I wanted to try on several items before purchasing. I was told by the young lady working in the dressing room that in order to try on any garments in the store I had to see the manager first. This made me very upset, the reason I was given, the manager was the only person in the store that could take off the magnetic security alarm which was attached to the garment. I immediately went to see the manager and question why would any store have the customer wait to see the manager in order to try on a garment. His response was for security reasons this is a store policy. I have never seen this policy practice at any other Ross store. Two employees told me that several customers have left the store because they didn’t have time to look for the manager. Can Ross afford to loss customers?
To make matters worse I purchased over $200 in merchandise and was told by the manger, that it was also a store policy that customers couldn’t take carts out of the store to there car. One of the items I purchased was a 15 pound iron wall picture. How could any store make a customer carry a 15 pound item without a cart. I told the manger that I would be filing a complaint. I have never seen customers treated like this in any store, and I have no intentions of ever going into another Ross Store again.

Comments

Ja
  31st of May, 2008

Hey! Not all Ross stores are like that..but i believe those workers were informed of a wrong policy or new temporary store change. After all people do steal. And carts are only for shopping in the store, then we check and bag the items for you but i understand your complaint for the heavy painting. Someone should of helped you to your car. Hope you come back to Ross one day we have great prices!

Al
  9th of Oct, 2008

HI,
My name is Alberta and I am just wondering if it is any chance for me to order on-line some products from your store, Ross, Dress for Less. I am residing in Austrlia and I visited USA ofter. I am in love with your store as I could find wonderful deals. So, please, let me know if there is any chance to order or to view your products on the line,
Regards,
Alberta Roman

Ma
  10th of Oct, 2012
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I recently had gone to Ross for Less in Asheville, North Carolina. I had a purchase of over $85.00, was standing in line behind one other couple. The manager came up and told us they were changing the line so we had to walk through a maze. As there were only two couples there, I did not go back and walk through the maze, at which point the manager approached us again stating that anyone who was making a purchase had to form a line in the designated area. I said in these exact words, "lady, I am not making a purchase." I then walked out of the store, and will never return. Therefore, they lost over an $85.00 sale. I am not in kindergarten, and do not need to be told how to line up to make a purchase. It may be less, but the service is slow and the manager is unbearable. I will take my business to K-Mart or Marshall's.

Margaret Whiteside