Roomstore / False Advertisement

1 Falls Church, VA, United States Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern:
I purchased furniture on May 7th 2009 and was told by my sales person that the items would be put together and if the prices were discounted I would get the difference within 30 days. I spoke with Brian, the store manager on May 12th about the tables I purchased and he told me the items were not put together, however, if I had issues putting these items together I could return them. I arrived May 12th around 6 pm to pick up half of my order (loveseat, chair, couch, and lamps) and finally by 9 pm, all my furniture came out of the back. After wasting half my evening trying to get furniture, I was told that there was going to be a 10% off sale and I would get the difference starting May 16th, even after I used a 10% coupon I printed off the internet. May 16th came and I saw my pieces of furniture were discounted in the store by 10% and so I went home and selected all the furniture pieces I purchased May 7th and took a screen shot showing they were 10% off the original price. I then proceed to enter my coupon code (promotion code) into the order and another 10% came off. I printed both of these screen shots off so I could tell Roomstore about this situation. I called May 20th and spoke with Mary, without giving my name or phone number, I asked if the rest of my furniture had arrived and her response was, “how am I suppose to know if it is here or not”. Mary was not very friendly and when I told her about my situation with the discount, she screamed at me and said “if I knew why you could get 10% more off, I would be on Opera and told me to call customer service”. I could not get through to the 1-800 on the web-site so I called the Fairfax store, and spoke with a manager who was extremely pleasant and gave me the customer service issue line (I can see why Roomstore has one) and also told me I need to discuss it with the store manager before calling someone higher up. I called back to Roomstore and Mary answered the phone and I asked her when Brian was going to work and her response was, “he is off for a while”, and I continued to ask her and she finally told me “Saturday, sometime” and asking once again she told me it was Saturday 9 – 6. I did tell Mary I will be sending a complaint to Brian concerning her customer service and her response was, “whatever”. Roomstore is in the business to sell items and have great customer service, Mary does not have good customer service and she is one reason I will not be back to purchase from Roomstore. I then called the customer service line and received zero help from the first lady who refused to let me talk to a manager and told me she knew about my situation from Mary. So I understand that Mary called instantly to customer service to try and cover up her terrible customer service. Finally after asking about a dozen times from the rude customer service lady, she finally transferred me and I spoke with the manager for approximately 10 minutes to no prevail. The manager was very nice and understood my concerns, however she told me it was not false advertising, it was a GLITCH. It appears to be false advertising to me and lies by the sales team. If this situation cannot be resolved by Customer Service or Brian, the store manager, I will be forced to contact the Better Business Bureau of America and will be contesting 10% of my credit card charge when I receive my statement. This situation shows me that Roomstore does not have customer service skills and that they use false advertising for a quick sale (I have researched Roomstore complaints on the internet and this is not the first time that a buyer was told they would get a discount if the price went down within 30 days). I will never shop in roomstore again and as I told the sales people May 7th, I still need to purchase one more living room set and three bedroom sets. I am glad I only purchased one set of items from roomstore and not all the items. Marlo or any other furniture store will enjoy my business and treat me like a customer and not an “inconvenience to them”

Ge

Comments

• Ha
      10th of Feb, 2010

I too had the misfortune of dealing with Mary. She takes rude to a whole new level! She will prevent you from speaking with management and your sales person. Point in case I call for my sales person she told me the lady was not there and to call customer sevice. I found out after coming into the store that my sales person had been at the store all day. Over the phone she said tha manager, Isaac, was not available. When calling customer service, she had already relayed her details of my complaint to cover her tracks. Funny when I spoke to my sales person, Anita, the issue was resolved within minutes.

Mary is the sole reason I will NEVER return to the Roomstore in Falls Church.