RMG Artist Development / Fraudulent services

United States, Kentucky, Boston Review updated:
RMG Artist Development
All individuals should be aware that RMG Artist Development was formerly Rainmaker Public Relations & Artist Development. Rhonda Kelly had to change the name of her company due to copyright infringement and the years of excessive complaints about Rainmaker.
Aug 12, 2015

D  4th of Dec, 2015 by
I just saw this post from a former client from Kentucky who I actually had to drop from my roster for issues that will remain private. I will not mention her name nor her 'stage name" because its not the way I was brought up. But I can assure you that there are no copyright infringements nor excessive complaints about my agency. Having been a publicist for 20+ years and working over 2, 500 artists..I am sure there are a handful that think I am horrible and inadequate. But, we do the best we can. Much Love, Rhonda/RMG
D  8th of Dec, 2015 by
I wanted to chime in here and let everyone know that I completely disagree with this original complaint. I've known Rhonda and her team from both RMG Media and her years at Rainmaker Media for nearly 10 years. This business is not for the thin-skinned. She works tirelessly for her clients and as a writer, she values your feedback and time. She's never been anything but professional and alert to my deadlines and schedules. She's quick to provide bios, photos, and sound files for review purposes. I'd like to remind bands and artists that publicity can never be guaranteed...never. And that anonymous posts are just cowardly...everyone preaches about anti-bullying and trying to teach our children to not be cyber bullies. I applaud Rhonda for taking the high road and not trying to get 'even' by using the person's name. - Melissa Kucirek (freelance)
D  8th of Dec, 2015 by
(Current Client)
I definitely disagree with you. Rhonda is very up-front with you about her past clients and explains any sour relationships with ease. She also still refers to her company as Rainmaker. Most of the complaints I've found on the internet have been due to either lack of effort on the client's part or a set of unrealistic expectations. You can make a diamond out of coal, but you need the right tools. While Rhonda is very straightforward, it's actually a great quality to have in someone doing your press. She's honest, and doesn't give you the run-around in any way, shape, or form. If you're doing a bad job, or your music isn't up to par, be glad she let you know! Honesty in this industry is something that's incredibly rare.

Personally, Rhonda and Co get a solid 10/10. She will always go above and beyond so long as you are willing to do the same!
N  8th of Dec, 2015 by
I would just like to add as a publication that covers Rhonda's clients from time to time. All she can do is pitch the music and our editors take it from there. Rhonda always presents her artists in a professional and exciting manner. We also know that she will not just work with anyone to get $$. The music biz is not a guarantee to fortune & fame. You must be willing to work at this for many years. You must also realize that not everyone will like your art. That is life and you must continue on. I have seen so many bands that are here today and gone tomorrow. Rhonda is a veteran in this music biz and before you insult her you must first look inside and see maybe you are just not working hard enough. Rhonda cannot promise to make you a huge star but she can help advise & work on your behalf to get closer to that. The rest is all on you!
D  17th of Dec, 2015 by
Rhonda worked very hard on behalf of my band and did some very fine work on our behalf. I know both complaints and response comments can all be taken with a grain of salt, but all I can do is comment on my personal experience with RMG, which was very positive. It is also important to note that if you are in a band, you cannot rely on PR alone to elevate you to notoriety. You have to continue to do the work on your own as well. Rhonda was completely honest and above board the entire time we worked with her, and I honestly believe that the motivation behind this complain comes from sour grapes. I wouldn't be taking the time to write this if that were not the case.