RIU Hotels & Resorts / room reservation and extra fees.

Cancun , Mexico, US Review updated:

To whom it may concern, I Ivette Diaz had a reservation in Cancun Riu palace Las America's on November 15th until the 19th. And the reason for this short letter to you is because I wasn't too happy with the way my room reservation was handle by your staff. When I arrived to your resort at around 12:00 noon, I was told that I had to wait until my room be ready which was going to be at 3:00 p.m. I then asked if they had any upgrade rooms available and they told me that they were all booked for the day. I went to eat and walk around the resort until 4:00 p.m. when I went to the front desk again they then told me that The room was not ready and I asked if there was another room ready and they told me that the only room available was an upgrade room for an extra $50.00 dollars a night. Do for such a long day I decided to take and pay the extra charge. First there was not any upgrades, then my room was not available, then all of a sudden there's an upgrade room for $50 dollars a night. I was not too happy by they way this matter was handle and I will like for you to get back to me with an explanation. I am a long time customer with your Riu Hotel and Resorts. Thank you .

Iv
Nov 27, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 27, 2017

This website is not directly affiliated with RIU, so they will most likely not see your complaint here. You will need to contact them directly.

• Iv
      Dec 11, 2017

@pobarjenkins I call Riu and they said I have to put my complaint in this website

• Po
      Dec 11, 2017

@Ivette Diaz It seems like you may have misunderstood. This website is not associated with RIU whatsoever and they are not notified when a complaint is posted here. They were probably referring to using the contact form on their website. This website is more for other customers to see reviews and complaints.