Rhapsody.com / Charged 3 months after online cancellation

Overland Park
I investigated an online account with Rhapsody on a trial basis. Exceptionally easy to set up on line. Found that the service did not work for me with my current mp3 player, and attempted to cancel the trial on the same day. I quickly discovered the convenience for cancellation was not there. No online cancellation URL was present, I needed to call a phone line, which I did. I was instructed that there was a new url that account members could use to cancel online. So, I entered that URL and completed the cancellation process. Or so I thought. Turns out we have been billed the last 3 months for the service. Today I called in to complain and cancel. Though I went through the proper channels to cancel the service, since I did not have a confirmation number (their system failed to send one when I submitted the e-mail), I was on the hook for the charges. They finally caved in on one month, but I don't consider that to be equitable. I would strongly encourage you to think twice before accepting a "free trial" of Rhapsody.

Napster Logo Napster