Resveratrol / misleading advertisment

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I too have been bamboozled by this company. After hearing Dr. Oz endorse resveratrol on Oprah, I felt rather familiar with the product when it appeared on my Yahoo page. The advertisement read, "FREE TRIAL", all I would have to pay is shipping, sounds good, right. Unfortunately, $91 later I'm highly perturbed. One bright morning I checked my account and $85 had been charged to my account by resvpure. When I contacted the company at [protected] and spoke with Tony, I was informed that I had not carefully read the terms and conditions section, which stated that I would be charged monthly for this product if I did not cancel in 10 days. He also told me that I could not receive a full discount. Instead he gave me a promotional discount of $65, leaving me $20 in the hole. After three days they did refund a portion of the charge. Unfortunately, one week later I received another charged from Heart Health, which is the same company for a $6 news letter that I never received. When I contacted the company this time and spoke to Austin Evans, I was told that I could not be refunded for this charge because when I accepted the terms and conditions I also signed up for this expensive newsletter. This company is practicing deceptive tactics and who knows the charges may continue if we don't stand up for our consumer rights. I don't know about you all, but my bank charges over draft fees that can get pretty costly when the funds aren't available. We should file a class action law suit against them.

Al

Comments

• Mi
      19th of May, 2009

It's a shame that scam-artists are sullying the reputation of an otherwise legitimate and healthy product.

I hope this experience hasn't turned you off Resveratrol products because if you are buying them from a legitimate company they really are great.

I think its to hard to tell the legitimate ones from the illegitimate ones, so I'd recommend either buying it from an established reliable retailer like vitamin shoppe or vitamin world and not buying products with complicated legal jargon in tiny fonts.

• En
      21st of May, 2009

try wal-mart under $10.00 same ingredients I got ripped for 89.89 trying to get refund