[Resolved] Renault

new car cracked windshield

Obour, Cairo, Egypt
renault.com.eg
Hello,
I’ve bought my new, awesome, and amazing red Renault Kadjar on Feb. 2017, the car is simply amazing and driving it is a great joy.
By end June, there was a heat wave in Cairo, one day I’ve found out that my car’s windshield was cracked! Two big cracks with the same origin! I was really sad to see that that I’ve almost cried! As I take an excellent care of my care and I park in a private garage at both my home and work! I’ve been driving different car brands since 1990, and this had never happened before even in locally manufactured cars!
I went to the service centre of Obour City, actually, I haven’t reached any positive reaction, but I thought this should be covered by warrantee!! Then I’ve reached Eng. Mohamed Omar who was really nice and tried to solve my problem, he advised that the windshield’s guarantee is 3 months or 1’000 Km! my car was 4 months old and 8’000km! Then I’ve asked about the price of the new one he said 14’000 Egyptian Pounds! Which is really unbelievable!
My car is new and I’m positive that the windshield got cracked because of the heat! I am attaching some photos but I hope they are clear!
It is easy to change it with a locally manufactured one, but since I’ve bought my Kadjar for the high safety standard, what would guarantee the safety of the new windshield?!!! Especially that I have 3 kids aged 8 and 7!
Please help me to solve my issue, and change it with an original one for free, if it wasn’t for the sake of the new car, may be for the sake of my family’s safety, my loyalty to Renault, and my love to my car!!
Waiting for your feedback please,

Many thanks and Kind regards,
Faten Shoushaa
cell# +[protected]
email: fshoushaa@methanex.com

RenaultRenaultRenault

Resolution statement

Renault Customer Care's Response, Jul 18, 2017
Dear Faten Shoushaa,

Thanks for reaching out to us! We have forwarded your concern to our team and the concerned country head will get in touch with you.
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country Egypt Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Comments

A  7th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have just had exactly the same thing happen to my Renault Kadjar. No reason for the crack, it just appeared from the base of the windscreen one day. Very similar to your pictures.

It is a UK motobility car and I have had to pay the insurance excess to get it fixed. I have had to wait several weeks due to a backlog on available windscreens ( interesting??). Hopefully, I will have my car back sometime this week.
N  8th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Ellie76 Dear Customer (Ellie76),

We’ll surely forward this to the concerned country head. They will get in touch with you to assist you further in this regard.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree