Regions Bank / greedy and uncooperative and horrible business practices

1 4255 Jiles Road Kennesaw, GA 30144Kennesaw, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 770-218-2030

This company is purely one of the worse banks that I've EVER had to deal with in my life. First, upon opening my account with a cash deposit, after making it available for use and using my debit card, they decide that they want to place a hold on my checking account. Subsequently, causing all the transactions that I did, to overdraft my account. After arguing with customer service over a holiday weekend, and going up the ladder to above the branch manager, they corrected their mistake. This was the first instance.

Secondly, now they are deciding that they want to close my account for no apparent reason, and as soon as my direct deposit was posted today, they are telling me that there is a hold on my account, that they will not do anything about it, and that I will not have access to my funds until Monday of the following week, or they will mail me a check and close my account and that I CANNOT physically walk inside a bank right now to w/d funds, close my account, use my debit card or anything like they are HOARDING my money. Upon speaking to many reps, many managers, and the branch manager, they are still insisting that they are not going to do anything until Monday and tough ### about my money that was direct deposited until we feel like giving you your money on Monday. As a financial institution, they are in violation of Regulation CC, Funds Availability Act, as well as just being flat out like they don't give a damn about you. They will do whatever they feel like doing, take your money, not feel like they have to give it to you and make you wait for a direct deposit. What bank puts a hold on a direct deposit or doesn't allow you access to your own damn money on payday. I'm still arguing with them as we speak, but to ANYONE who has thought about going to them, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!! IT'S A WORTHLESS PIECE OF ### BANK THAT SHOULD HAVE FOLDED DURING THE RECESSION AND THEY DO NOT DESERVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WITHSTAND ANY LONGER.

Comments

4th of Apr, 2011

From the vulgar, abusive tone of the complaint above, I can well imagine that this customer was encouraged to take their business elsewhere. Banks do not randomly freeze accounts, so we can safely assume that the real reason the account was suspended went well beyond the scarce details given above. I've been onboard since the '80's when it was Union Planters, through the AmSouth transition to Regions, now. I'm a low-maintenance customer, but they have always been courteous and professional in our dealings.