RealNetworks / SuperPass / Scam membership!

CA, United States Review updated:

Well... perhaps my fault partly but in 2003 installed RealNetworks RealPlayer and didnt realize I registered for membership and just now in 2008 (900 dollars later) determined I was a member... sure, part my fault... but why would they continue to charge my account when no activity logging into there service for 5 years?!? They gave me 3 month refund... 45 dollars... I was billed 900 DOLLARS !

I recommend when installing anything... don't give any card even if it is for 14 days trial... they wont make it easy for you to see that you will be billed... and after 5 years maybe give you 45 dollars refund.

Comments

La
  28th of Aug, 2008
I had the same problem. Real networks has no interaction with you after they start billing you. No correspondence at all. The company does not engage in normal and accepted business practices and they offer you nothing in restitution. Under no circumstances should anyone use this kluge of a product until Real networks fixes this business practice. They make the superpass part of the installation process and do not make it known to the user in any way that they are being billed. A monthly statement would have been nice. But nothing. This is a major scam