RC Willey Home Furnishings / Extended Warranty

1 861 East 6600 SouthSalt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

I made a new purchase yesterday. In talking about an extended warranty our salesman said that we had several from years past. I mentioned that I was not aware or recieving any rebates from the unused warranties. In reviewing with RCWilley today, I was informed that I had lost out on $290.00 worth of warranty refunds. They are not automatic and you must claim them within 60 days or loose them as in our case. Wow! I was told "So sad, but nothing we can do now". What a scam. I was told it is in the fine print as a customer. I just took RCWilley at "their word", "if the warranty is not used during the warranty period you as a customer will receive 50% of the warranty purchase price back". No mention ever from any sales person about as a customer it is our responsibility to request it back at the end. I don't see that I am any different than the majority of consumers that anticipate that RCWilley would handle it. Buyer beware, there is no such thing as a refund if you don't use it, you just loose it. It seems more like a scam now. If you really care about your customers, help them with the details. Your warranty department had no problem telling me of the ones I missed out on. Easily they could implement an email notification. The monies refunded are only usable at RCWilley and no where else..I am very dissapointed with RCWilley. My esteem for them and their stores just fell apart. I think your loyalty is in question. My history shows my loyalty. Please make this good...

Da
Jan 5, 2016

Comments

• Rc
      6th of Jan, 2016

Dave,

I'm sorry about the issue with the warranty buy back program. I will follow up with our management about your Yelp review, your Facebook complaints, your Complaints Board complaint and your RC Willey web support email and will have them follow up with you.

Adam Young
    Online Customer Service Manager
    RC Willey Corporate Offices
    web.support@rcwilley.com

• Dw
      3rd of Nov, 2017

@RC Willey Home Furnishings I just discovered I to, am screwed. I bought a 55" Sony Led TV. Called to find out about a warrany appointment to find out I am out of warrany. So I asked why/where my refund for 1/2 and she told me I had to have called??? WHAT? In the past I just recieved the rebate in the mail. Now they expect us to monitor all our purchases that we bought this awesome warranty for to make sure we claim what is ours? A simple email or robocall to remind us to claim what is ours? Why do we even need to ask? Nobody told me that if in 5 years, you must remember to call to get your money back as promissed if I do not use it. It is my money, I shouldnt have to claim it. It is dishonest and purposely sets the customer up to fail so they double their warranty income. Absolute BS. I will be using all my social media tools to warn all my friends that your RC Willey warranty is NOT what they tell you. FINE PRINT scamming hard at work here. They should dedicate a page explaining "the game" they play with this 1/2 refund they promise. IF I ever step foot i. an RC Willey again and buy anything, you can bet I will be warning everyone about the warranty and avoiding the con myself! You owe me $250!

David Hughes
    Ruth Willard
    Nampa, ID
    dwhughes2@gmail.com

• Rc
      10th of Nov, 2017

@dwhughes5 David & Ruth,

I'd be happy to follow up with our warranty department about your concerns, but I haven't been able to find the correct account. Can you send me an email with your contact information so I can follow up on your complaint?

Adam Young