Radio Shack / bait and switch fraud

1 300 Radio Shack CircleFort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:

Radio Shack had the Altec Lansing IM600 speakers for your ipod advertised on their website for $59.99 (normally $149.99). I attempted for more than a week to obtain one. I set up the automatic e-mail notification, called on a daily basis and checked their website on a daily basis. I always got the same answer, "sorry, it is still out of stock. keep checking our website." The sale ended on 12/31/08. Well guess what! It is now 01/01/09 and the item is now in stock but at $149.99! I feel that Radio Shack had the item all along, baited me in so that I can surf their website in the hopes that I will purchase other things instead! I am very disappointed with their deceiving marketing tactics! I am very sure that I was not the only one that went through this!

Pa

Comments

• Ci
      19th of Feb, 2009

i have not received 2 rebates, one was for a razor phone of$50.00 and now for $100.00 for my compaq computer. sent in all information required for rebate. even pd extra for delivery confirmation. it has been 22 weeks, called 6 weeks ago where i was told it would be 2-3 weeks, no rebate called today and told it has not been sent and needs to be reviewed. what is with this company? i am so angry

• Po
      29th of Dec, 2010

I doubt that Radioshack had a $90 sale on a speaker when it's not even holiday time. And for cindy...we don't do mail-in rebates on cell phones. They are all instant rebates.