Quick Credit Score / misleading advertising

1 BELFAST, Northern Ireland, County Antrim, United Kingdom Review updated:

Misleading free service - quick credit score - high credit score - I used this firm as they are associated with call credit which are meant to be a reputable company, however couldn't access my credit report until I signed the terms - I assumed the terms would be the same as experian and equifax as call credit are gaining popularity as a credit bureau - although I have lost respect for them because they are assocaited with these firms. When you access the website you are asked to sign the terms offering rewards - I thought this was a welcome to the service also free of charge - I cancelled the service within half an hour after signing up as they couldn't provide me with a report anyway - I recently checked my account and some company called rewardsnow have taken £19.95 from my account - I phoned to see who they were - they wouldn't agree to refund the money as I signed the terms - I can't say its a scam but very misleading and unfair to lure us into a free credit report while tying you into a membership with rewardsnow. I wasn't happy with this but thank god I caught it in time as they would have continued to charge me for a service that I wasn't even aware of nor did I want. My main complaint is with callcredit because I only used this service with quick credit score as money supermarket have them listed as a good credit checking company otherwise I am normally very cautious about providing my bank details unless I research the firm. Hope they all close down -

Ma

Comments

29th of Mar, 2011

I do too mate.

29th of Mar, 2011

The best way in order to get this company closed down, and some action taken is by writing your complaint at the following website:

Or sending an email to the financial services authority on: consumer.[protected]@fsa.gov.uk
    Alternatively you can call them on: 0845 606 1234

We need numbers contacting the relevant government bodies, for the right people to actually notice, and stand up to what can only be described as aggressive, manipulative and misleading marketing.

• Ad
      13th of Apr, 2011

Hello,

I saw your post and wanted to respond.

I am a representative from Adaptive Affinity Ltd (which operates the Quick Credit Score program). I want to reassure you an all other readers of this post that we are a legitimate business with legitimate aims that takes all customer feedback positively.

Adaptive has over the years continually developed its sign up process to ensure that it is clear and transparent. To become a member to any of our programmes you have to physically input your details on our sign up pages and submit this information- there is no other way that you can become a member. Adaptive doesn’t receive personal information from anyone else.

We do offer additional services (such as the Rewards Now programme) to existing members for which we always ensure that we separately receive explicit consent from the member.

Upon successful sign up to our any of our programmes we always make sure that all key information is sent to our members to the email address they used to join the programme including repeating information on membership fees and the ways that you can cancel membership.

We honour all our offering, including the free trial periods. So long as you cancel your membership within the trial period you will not be charged.

If you have any more queries regarding this matter, then you (and all other readers of this post) may also use any one of these methods to contact us to gain more information on our products and services:

1. Call +44 (0) 870 143 2343
    2. Visit http://www.adaptiveaffinity.com/faq.html
    3. Post your questions or concerns on our forum: www.adaptive-affinity.com.

Kind Regards,