Purolator / exceptionally poor customer service

1 Montreal, Qu├ębec, Canada Review updated:

I ordered a large piece of furniture and two smaller items from an online store, and took advantage of their free delivery promotion. The item left Toronto on Jan 6 and didn't arrive in Montreal until Jan 13. I was told the item would be delivered on the 14th, between 9 and 5. So I waited the entire day. NOTHING. I called and they said there was a hiccup, and the item would be delivered the next day. NOTHING. I called back, really annoyed at having wasted two entire days waiting for them to show up. I was told that the item would DEFINITELY be delivered on the 16th, the Friday.

On the Friday, I got the two smaller items, but was told that the 3rd item would be delivered on the Monday - the 19th. I called and complained that it was ridiculous that I'd have to wait at home again all day for a total of 4 wasted days.

The item was finally delivered on the Monday - ALL SMASHED - and this is hardwood, not some cheap veneer crap. So I called the store, they sent me the paperwork to have Purolator pick it up and return it. and they asked me if I wanted to replace it. and I said no, because I don't have enough time to waste waiting around for Purolator to MAYBE show up.

When Purolator came to pick up my item, after I had told the dispatcher that it was very heavy, the driver complained right away that "we're not movers"... and I pointed out that it was PUROLATOR that delivered it in the first place, and that maybe they shouldn't have the contract if they weren't happy. He sarcastically said that he didn't know why they had the contract either. Anyway. I offered to help him carry this to his truck, even though this IS HIS JOB. (btw, I'm a woman)... then he complained that the paperwork wasn't correct. I told him at this point that this was no longer my problem. He called the dispatcher to complain, and finally just left all this stuff for me to lug back into my apartment.

I just don't understand how, in this day and age, they can hire people who are so lazy and unwilling to work, when I'm sure there are some people who would LOVE such a job. I told the customer service person at the store that until they change their delivery company, I will not be buying any of their products, online or in the store.

Comments

• Fu
      13th of May, 2009

come make your compalint here and voice it like you did here

do not forget tell your friends about us !

• 1m
      7th of Jul, 2009

I Just had purolator come to my door, leave a notice and leave. No knocking, doorbell, anything like that. When I phoned not one, but 2 customer service reps, they were unbelievably rude! I'm fuming after talking to them!

• My
      2nd of Oct, 2009

Some people may disagree with me but what I am about to say but it needs to be said. In the courier business 80 to 85 percent of the freight moves between companies (commercial deliveries). Residential deliveries are difficult under the best of circumstances. The commercial deliveries are the priority and the residential are 2nd. Couriers are under pressure to make deliveries as fast as possible and delivering to residential addresses involves appartment buildings, entry codes, dogs, people taking too damn long to answer the door, people not being home to receive, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. If you have noticed, the majority of complaints come from residential customers. My solution to the problem is really quite simple. Lower you expectations unless you are a business. If you have a package coming either have it sent to your business address or go and pick it up at your convenience. Really, couriers deliver between 8 am and 5 pm. Are you really willing to wait at home all day to receive a package? Yes, I work in the courier industry!

18th of Dec, 2009

I will be honest in my opinion. Either have the item sent to your work address or go pick it up after the 1st delivery attempt. Delivering to residential addresses has and will always be a problem. Save yourself the grief.

• Gr
      20th of May, 2011

On April 21 2011 I srnt a puroleter to a customer.. He was going to pay for the shipping.. SO I sent it to a depot for Purolator.. at 206 Prescott St. In Kempville, Ontario K0G 1J0
    .. I called the 1-888-SHIP 123 to explain what I wanted to do so they set me up told we what to put on the reciever and how to make SURE the customer was going to be paying for the product... well it si now 1 month later and I GET THE bill.. I called Purolator 1-866-313-4357 and was told that the and I QUOTE " the customer refussed to pay" so ..I questioned them and said if this is the case.. WHY did you give him the product?? there answer cause they knew they couold bill me... the people there ARE RUDE when I asked to speak with a manger I got told there is None here. Ya right...
    anyways. I called my customer and asked him why he refused to pay... he said he did not and that the people at the Kempville office told him there was no charge and he questioned them... and they said NO CHARGE.. So this morning I called again to speak with the people at Purolator again today ... I got told that I needed to put down.. HOW the customer was going to pay...Now How in the WORLD would I know HOW HE WAS PAYING and why do I care... as long as he paid... the again the lady on the phone was RUDE and said this matter could be all taken care of if I JUST PAID MY BILLLL... ya right... of course it would when i asked these ladies there names NO ONE would tell me them... nice eh? But today i got to leave a message for a manager... but ofcourse have heard nothing ...and oh ya... now Purolator is contacting my customer... telling them they want payment... sound funny to you ...someone SCREWED up and doesnt want to admit it... that they were wrong..
    I will be cancelling my account and shipping with FED EX or someone else this company is a joke and I would RECONMEND that NO ONE USE THEM EVER!!!