Purity Mineral Science / Unsolicited order

Made a one time purchase of this product on Ebay. Lo and behold yesterday I received a shipment from Mineral Science as "outlined in my club membership" . What club membership ? Not only was it not wanted and not ordered, My credit card was charged without my authorization !!! Communication with this company via phone and or e-mail is futile. I found the web sight to cancel my "membership", I also found out via the BBB website that they are no longer accepting complaints in Texas. I was referred to the BBB site in Pa. There is a toll free number...[protected]. The e-mail address of the head officer is ...lorraine@linkstarcorp.com. I think a class action suit should initiated against this company and charges should be filed with the Post Office as they are committing mail fraud.

Comments

9th of Oct, 2008

I wish I had read these reviews before placing the trial order and having to deal with this company. I received my order and was able to successfully cancel my membership. I understood that if I didn`t like the product, I could return the unused stuff and brushes and would only have to pay the 7.95. I was never told that I had to keep a tracking record of my shipment. I live in the greater Houston area and apparently my package is lost in the mail, may be due to the hurricane Ike. Now I see a charge of 59.99 on my card that they refuse to cancel because they haven`t received the package. After arguing over the phone with the representative for 30 minutes, I am extremely disappointed in their customer service. Absolutely no morals in their business. They said the maximum they can do is to charge me only 34 instead of 59.99, because it is somehow my fault that my package was lost in the mail. I am really amazed how they are still in business. I guess the only way they are making money is by fooling customers

• Lt
      28th of Apr, 2009

I also was told that my package was lost in the mail. They apparently count on the fact that the customer is likely to not have a tracking number, and they charge you for a product you don't have and don't want.