Pure Nutrients / terms & conditions beware

1 Orange, CT, United States Review updated:

Pure Nutrients claims they risk free 14 day money back guarantee. I received the trial and paid 5.95 for shipping and handling. The order date on the slip I received was 5/8/09 but when I called to cancel on 5/22/09 i was informed that my 'real' order date was 5/7/09. They charged my credit card $88.00 and the customer service person would NOT refund the money.

I did checked the internet today and see other people have had the same complaint. What a rip off!!!

Comments

• Ta
      22nd of May, 2009

the same thing happend to me and they dont want to budge, i got my pills 7 days later and not any time to see if they even work they are a rip off company and should be shut down .

24th of May, 2009

I just received a shipment on May 23rd. My order date was May15th. There were no messages within the first order that you would be charged $88.00 for that shipment or a continuation of $93.95 for future monthly automatic shipments. This is fraud in all terms! If some one does not read the packing slip, they would not have known this!

• Re
      25th of May, 2009

The exact same thing that happened to 'goldengirl' happened to me. The lady on the phone gave me an email address to voice my complaint, and wouldn't you know - the email came back - of course!

This is day-light robbery and should be stopped!!! This is outragious!!!

Outraged

26th of May, 2009

In follow up to my comment above, I called first thing this morning to 866-779-7568 and spoke to an assoicate named Hannah. Thankfully, I had called prior to the 14th day, so she cancelled all future orders, stated, I would not be charged the $88.00 since I called within the 14-day window and I could keep the bottle and there would be no charge for this. In addition, she gave me a confirmation number for the cancellation of order. She was very customer service oriented and the conversation went well. I mentioned to her my concerns that the original advertising is very misleading and that the 30-day trial is not honored. She did not acknowledge any error on their side and stated the website says all of that when you place the order. I told her that it does not give the consumer all of that information up front. Although my issues are resolved, I am concerned about consumers who may not read the packing slips and get the additional charges and orders that they may not have wanted.

I also, had made a formal complaint online to the Florida Better Business Bureau at the following contact information that handles the Florida complaints in the area of where this company is located:
    BBB of Central Florida, Inc.
    1600 S. Grant St.
    Longwood, Fl 32750
    PH: 407-621-3300
    Fax: 407-786-2625
    Email: info@centralflorida.bbb.org
    Web: http://www.orlando.bbb.org

It may be good for anyone having difficulties with this company to make their concerns known, so that improved advertising can be mandated for a company such as this in Florida legislation, etc.

• Do
      26th of May, 2009

Had the same experince today..they count days that they are closed as well..What a rip!!..They slide that auto reorder in on you in some really obscure way..if their tactics are this shady on ordering I have a great deal of conern for how much truth they have in disclosing their true product information STAY AWAY FROM THESE SHADY PEOPLE!...I will be contacting our states attorney general..businesses in this state can only count days the business is open toward a deadline..oh yeah..while they wouldn't give a refund they offered me product(that I don't want) at half price...tells me even more about the questionable tactics of this company...

• Su

goldengirl,

did u have 2 wait 4ever till someone answered at pure nutrients? i have been waiting 4 over 40 min.

26th of May, 2009

No, I got an answer within 3-5 minutes. I called early at 08:30 am. I know some have had difficulty with getting someone to answer due to the volume of calls that they are getting.

• Ji
      26th of May, 2009

something really needs to be done about this company! ya, i have the same story. called to cancel with in what i thought was my 14 days only to be told that i was beyond my trial period. i ordered on 5/6/09 and did not recieve it until 5/12/09 . mind you it didnt even get shipped until 5/11/09! i sat on hold for an hour before i was able to speak with a woman with a heavy accent that just kept rehearsing her "it is clearly stated" crap. i cant believe they can get away with this.

• Ra
      26th of May, 2009

Same here. Nothing on the page discloses an automatic rewenal after the free trial so I was surprised to find $88 on my credit card for product I never meant to purchase. I haven't even tried the free trial yet bottle yet. I tried calling and got through, but no one picked up. I tried calling again and it's been busy ever since. I won't even put this stuff in my mouth now. Good lord, if they run a business this way, what's to think there's anything legitite about the product itself?

• Le
      26th of May, 2009

I, too was scammed by the Pure Nutrient people. However, they have scammed the wrong person. I called my credit card company and filed a fraudulent charge report. I had to explain to the fraud dept how they claimed you had a 30 day trial period which in fact was only a fourteen day trial period. And to add insult to injury, the fourteen days started the day you ordered the product! SLICK. How can you try a product you don't have? They charged $88.00 to my credit card almost immediately after I called to cancel. Visa is investigating and will make a ruling determining whether or not I have to pay the $88.00. In the mean, time I canceled the credit card and was issued a new one to ensure that no more unauthorized charges can be made by these amoral people. I would suggest anyone scammed by these people do the same thing. I have learned my lesson but I will not pay them for being unscrupulous.

26th of May, 2009

From reading all of the posts, it is obvious that the business is not advertising clearly for the consumer to understand. None of us saw or read anything on the Internet that indicated upfront all of these charges that would incur in a short time frame. All of us had a week or less to trial the product and return it before we would be charged the $88.00, so none of us were getting a full 30-day trial as advertised. I am grateful that I read the packing slip and was able to call and get it cancelled to avoid any further charges. I sent my credit card company an email Saturday to complain about this company and prevent any further charges to my account. I was surprised today, when I received an email reply that due to valuing me as a customer, they decided to credit the S & H charges of $5.95 back to my account as a customer service to me! Wow...I was surprised as it was not even their fault!
    In addition, I mailed the bottle back even though they told me to keep it, as like most of you, I did not want to try something from someone who works so sly behind the scenes.
    We all learned something again this past month...be careful with Internet shopping! Have a good night!

• Aj
      26th of May, 2009

I too fell victim to this scam, nowhere was it written on the web page about the automatic payments from your credit card. When I read the very small print on the bottom of the invoice I almost fell off the chair. I have owned a credit card for over 65 years and I have never ever made a purchase with automatic payments to be charged to my account. My credit card is with an association I have belong to for 45 years and they advised me to cancel my card and they will issue me a new one.

Taken, but not had.

• Mo
      27th of May, 2009

I am also a victim of this scam!!! I just got off the phone and the same thing happened to me. They claimed my order date was different from what they sent. I argued with them for 15 minutes telling them I had proof that I was within the 14 days and they wouldn't budge. I am so angry that I got scamed. There is nothing on the website about these charges. Not only do you not get your 14 day trial, it is supposed to be a 30 day trial!!! What a ripoff.

• Mo
      27th of May, 2009

Just for information to people who fell prey to this scam call your credit card company and dispute the charges. If enough people sound off about this maybe the credit card companies will learn of this scam and more people won't get hurt.

27th of May, 2009

In reading everyone above's comments, I would recommend that you all make a formal phone call or online complaint to the Better Bureau of Florida who handles all of these issues in the area of this company. The more complaints they receive, the quicker this will not happen to more people. I also was reading online today, about acai berry that is being sold online in a similar fashion with just about as many complaints too! See my above post for the contact information for the Better Business Bureau in Florida.

• Tb
      27th of May, 2009

i ordered the 14 day trial on april 14, 09, and canceled it on april 20, 09, talked to the girl she gave me confirmation number and all the butt patting, but, on may 27, 09. i found a charge for $93.95, , after trying to call them, and being on hold for over 4 hours, counting deing dis connected 3 times i finally got to talk to mel id #24213, she again confirmed my cancellation and gave me another confirmation number and told me i had to e mail thier claims department

• Ra
      27th of May, 2009

Could someone post the complaint email address? I'm still trying to cancel out of this mess and I don't know when they'll charge me again. I've filed a dispute with the cc card (calling only puts me on hold). I'm typing this and have already been on hold for 40 minutes a 3rd time!

• Su
      27th of May, 2009

The same things happened to me. You get only a few days to evaluate the product, then no one answers when you try to phone and cancel. The first day I just got a busy signal, the second day I spent a total of 2 hours on hold and never got through. This company is a scam! Please post a complaint address or email address if you have one. Mine came from CT and I live in Texas, so I don't think the Florida BBB would help.

• Ju
      27th of May, 2009

I ordered on May 19th and received the bottle 5/26/09; i showed this to my coworkers, they flipped out and informed me that it is a BIG SCAM.That i would never be able to cancel in time due to being on hold for so long. So i called my credit card company yesterday and told them i lost my visa card. the initial $5.95 shipping fee has already been paid by my credit card. Luckily they wont be able to charge my card &$93.95. YES..$93.95 per month will be billed to my credit card for automatic shipments. I too had not agreed to this online, i would never agree to auto shipment on a product that i have never tried. It takes at least 30 days to be able to tell if a product is working. Amazing how they just come up with a random automatic monthly charge. I am scared to take the pills now, so my "FREE TRIAL" offer has been flushed down the toilet. Could be very dangerous not knowing what is in this product. Read the back very carefully, usually this type of product states how much percentage each ingredient is in the pill..this one just states a 850 mg Proprietary Blend?? Humm?

I should have listened to my gut..but the website i ordered from had RACHEL RAYS pics on it stating this is the pill she recommends.

Good luck to everyone.
    Julie
    Olympia, WA

• De
      28th of May, 2009

I called and cancelled to today! Hopefully no more charges will hit my bank account. This surely makes me upset and you wonder again and again, who & what can you trust! Nothing and No One but the LORD! Mo, Deloris