Public Storage / bad service

I filed a water & rodent loss/damage claim against Public Storage. Their loss/damage claim representative is Hertz Claim Management. After months of debates with Public Storage's On-Site Manager Edwina Pechardo & Hertz Claim Management's Supervisor Kevin Acree my case was sent to Hertz Claim Management for review and was promptly denied. The denial letter only made mention of the water damage. They claim that the water was run off standing water in a facility that doesn't have running water or water piping. Public Storage or it Agents didn't take under consideration the structural damage that allowed the run off water to enter their structure. Nor did they consider the rodent damage portion of my claim. I was told that without pictures they couldn't consider the rodent damage. That is understandable, but Hertz denied my water damage claim without said pictures. I have since forwarded copies of the picture showing damage and a Public Storage employee poking a stick through one of the many holes in the storage unit's foundation.

Va

Comments

• Te
      20th of Sep, 2014

Public Storage is the worst ever!!! Don't let them fool you with that first month $1 stu[censored] They raise the rents every 5 mins. I have been a loyal customer for almost a year now at Public Storage. In August 2014 because of identity theft I couldn't pay my storage fee. But I did pay all August fees promptly on Sept. 3, 2014.
    When I went to pay they said I had a lien fee of $55 so I said o.k. I will pay it. They told me at the time that I paid August rent that the $55 lien fee would be paid but instead the put the $55.00 toward Sept. payment leaving a lien fee amount owing on my bill.
    Then they would not allow me access in or out of my unit without going into the office for them to let me in.

They have horrible customer service and bad attitudes!!!

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!

• Pu
      21st of Mar, 2016

We have 3 units here. Steve, the manager, is friendly and helpful. And the facility is clean and well maintained. However, there is a "floating" employee named "Luna" that works here part-time. She is terrible. Has no idea how to treat customers. Has threatened and lied to both my wife and I about rent policy and other issues. Lazy. Recommend that you refuse to deal with her and let Steve and the District Manager, Bill, know if you encounter her.