Protection One Wichita, KS / MISC CHARGES ON BILL
I have had Protection One since Nov. 2008 and have had nothing but problems since going with them.
Every bill I get is wrong and I keep getting charged misc. charges that I have already paid!
I was out of town for over a month and my alarm was 'shut off', un beknownst to me.
I called in about the unusually large bill and they told me I had to pay six months in advance, are you kidding me? Because I missed ONE month?
Then, I wasn't even setting the damn thing and for two weeks it would go off in the middle of the night, I kept calling in and they said it was my cell phone tower????? Are we on the same planet? I didn't set the alarm people!!
They instructed me how to disconnect it, which, for a girl is difficult and sucked. Then, to reconnect was more than enough trouble.
So, they sent out a tech who said the wiring from the beginning was messed up and spent most of the day out here.
I talked to one lady in particular who finally got everything straightened out, promised my bill was set and I wouldn't have additional charges, if I did, call her only.
1 month later I get a bill for over $200, are you serious? I can't wait to get rid of this company!
I did for TWO WEEKS with no return call.
Finally someone else calls, rude as can be, says I just renewed my contract, are you out of your mind????
Now they say I have to pay the last 4 months when I have a bill saying it has been paid!!
I wish I had a lawyer to help me because this is highway robbery.
Does anyone know who 'governs' the alarm companies, like the FTC, etc?
I know I can complain to the BBB but I need to go beyond. I have of course faxed a letter to the supervisor but it is like talking to a brick wall.
Any advice of who helps protect consumers in this field would be appreciated, thank you!!
More Protection One Wichita, KS Complaints & Reviews
- Protection One - Stay away from Protection One! 
- Protection One - Early Termination Fees 
- Protection One - Fraud and cheating 
- Protection One - Protection One Punishes Loyal Customers 
- Protection One - Service Contracts and poor customer service 
- Protection 1 - home security
- Protection 1 - The product and the service are both shoddy
- Protection 1 - Canceling Service is a Nightmare
- Protection One Alarm Service - customer relations
- Protection 1 - Shady Contract with high pressure sales