Protection One Wichita, KS / MISC CHARGES ON BILL

1 Wichita, KS, United States Review updated:

I have had Protection One since Nov. 2008 and have had nothing but problems since going with them.

Every bill I get is wrong and I keep getting charged misc. charges that I have already paid!

I was out of town for over a month and my alarm was 'shut off', un beknownst to me.

I called in about the unusually large bill and they told me I had to pay six months in advance, are you kidding me? Because I missed ONE month?

Then, I wasn't even setting the damn thing and for two weeks it would go off in the middle of the night, I kept calling in and they said it was my cell phone tower????? Are we on the same planet? I didn't set the alarm people!!

They instructed me how to disconnect it, which, for a girl is difficult and sucked. Then, to reconnect was more than enough trouble.

So, they sent out a tech who said the wiring from the beginning was messed up and spent most of the day out here.

I talked to one lady in particular who finally got everything straightened out, promised my bill was set and I wouldn't have additional charges, if I did, call her only.

1 month later I get a bill for over $200, are you serious? I can't wait to get rid of this company!

I did for TWO WEEKS with no return call.

Finally someone else calls, rude as can be, says I just renewed my contract, are you out of your mind????

Now they say I have to pay the last 4 months when I have a bill saying it has been paid!!

I wish I had a lawyer to help me because this is highway robbery.

Does anyone know who 'governs' the alarm companies, like the FTC, etc?

I know I can complain to the BBB but I need to go beyond. I have of course faxed a letter to the supervisor but it is like talking to a brick wall.

Any advice of who helps protect consumers in this field would be appreciated, thank you!!

Comments

• Ro
      7th of Aug, 2009

My name is Susan, and I am with Protection One’s Executive Customer Relations team, where our focus is on resolving unique issues that sometimes occur.

At Protection One, we do strive to provide an excellent level of customer service, and I regret learning of the experience you describe here. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to review your account more closely with you. Could you please contact us anytime between 8:00am and 5:00pm CST Monday through Friday at (877) 835-3338 or at CustomerRelations@ProtectionOne.com? Please be sure to provide your name, contact information or account number. You also may reach us at CustomerService@ProtectionOne.com seven days a week.

Thank you for your time. I sincerely hope to hear from you.

Susan