Protection One — Contract, Billing, & Failure to Honor Cancellation
As someone with a 10 year plus relationship with this company, which continued as I moved between two states, I strongly advise not ever doing business with this company. First, their contract is extremely one sided in their direction, and you should not sign it. Cancellation charges during the first year, automatic renewals for a year, etc. The BEST thing you can do is avoid EVER getting involved with them at all in the first place.
Second, their customer service is among the worst I've encountered. When I tried switching back from electronic billing to paper billing, calling their service number multiple times, they never helped me. Instead, they started calling me over and over to taunt me over "late bills". I've never had happen to me from any other company.
Third, after sending multiple letters cancelling my service, and paying substantial fees, they did not actually cancel my service! After all the letters I sent and payments I made cancelling the service, they called me. Though I said, no, we are done, their representative said "I understand", and let me leave you our 800 number in case you change your mind. I told him I was driving, and I couldn't write it down, but if he called me back I wouldn't pick up and he could leave that number. In the voice mail that was left, he told me that they would actually be continuing my service against my wishes!!! They have since called my home while the alarm was off and tried to report that a window alarm went off!!!
Trust me, these people are liars and they will cheat you.
More Protection One Complaints & Reviews
- Protection One - Stay away from Protection One! 
- [Resolved] Protection One - Early Termination Fees 
- Protection One - Fraud and cheating 
- Protection One - Protection One Punishes Loyal Customers 
- Protection One - Service Contracts and poor customer service 
- Protection 1 - home security
- Protection One - termination fee
- Protection One - Rip off 
- Protection One - Rip Off!!!! 
- Protection 1 - Canceling Service is a Nightmare