Protect America — Terrible experience
On December 23, 2017 we lost our home in a fire. Prior to the fire we had a 3-year house alarm contract with Protect America, Inc. which would have expired the earlier part of 2017. Following the fire, I called all the pertaining home suppliers (water, electricity, gas etc) including Protect America advising them of our situation. They all required copies of the fire report. Protect America indicated that they need a copy of the fire report in order to suspend their services. A copy of the fire report was faxed to them.
I followed up with a phone call to Protect America requesting that all future billing be suspended until the house was rebuilt. Further the fire destroyed all the necessary devices that accommodated the alarm system. I also mentioned that since the company would not be able to provide alarm services during reconstruction, we will be willing to pick up where we left off as soon as we reoccupied the home, and possible re-enlist their services.
Once we returned home in January 2017, I informed Protect America we were ready to continue our contract. I was told that the company had referred the account to a collection agency. Several attempts to discuss the matter with managers failed.
Subsequently, I received a call from a collection agency, 'Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates' requesting settlement of the account. After many inappropriate behaviors from the collection agency representatives, we agreed on a settlement of $250.00. We paid the funds and requested written confirmation which was never sent to us. Our phone calls were futile.
Almost a year later, on October 2017 we received a letter from Protect America demanding that we signed a contract for the company to provide alarm services for 3 years @ $34/monthly or $1258.20 plus $309 for equipment. Should we not comply, we would be reported to the credit bureau.
Such tactics we consider fraudulent and an attempt to cheat consumers out of their hard earn money.
More Protect America Complaints & Reviews
- Protect America - Save yourself a headache! 
- Protect America - Protect America is ripping me off and they'll rip you off too! 
- Protect America Security Co. - Borderline Fraudulant Co. 
- Protect America - Terrible company 
- Protect America - Cancelling contract within 72 hours 
- Protect America Auto Renewal - Scam
- Protect America - You will get better use of your money if you pile it up in the middle of the street and set fire to it
- Protect America - No cancellation allowed! 
- Protect America - Scam charges 
- Protect America - Protect America Alarm and Monitoring - want to cancel