Protect America Security Co. / Borderline Fraudulant Co.

NC, United States Review updated:

I tried for 8 months to stop my service. Always a different excuse as to why not. Contract not up or auto renew, or cannnot cancel on phone or by email . Asked for a signed renewal and they sent me basically a
made up sheet of paper with no signature. I finally got a signed receipt from the mail service that the cancellation was received. Told them and they got mad because I got one. They sent a bad report to the credit beaurea and sent a letter to some of my lenders and credit accounts. Do not use this company...THERE SHOULD BE A LAWER THAT WOULD TAKE ON OUR CASE AS A CLASS ACTION, and do away with the company.

Ji

Comments

• Ke
      Mar 28, 2010

Kenneth Klein, Dallas, TX tel: 214-358-3055 I am in the process with a Law Firm to get a Class Action Lawsuit started. Keep me posted or contact me if possible.

• Ph
      Mar 01, 2017

@Kenneth Klein Just reported this company to the Tennessee Attorney General. Please contact me. Phyllis Douglas [protected]@liquidatinstation.com or at 865-384-1315. Thanks

• Me
      Mar 01, 2017

@Phyllis Douglas I sent you an email at that address and it came back undeliverable.

Mar 28, 2010

I am in the process of working with a California law firm in getting a Class Action Lawsuit started against Protect America, Inc for their fraudulent business activities and total lack of ethics. Please contact me in Dallas, Texas My email: [protected]@yahoo.com or tel: 214-358-3055. Kenneth W Klein

May 25, 2010

UPDATE FROM KENNETH KLEIN I would like to thank the numerous people who have called or emailed me with regards to my starting a Class Action Lawsuit against Protect America, Inc. My legal connection in California advised me to go with a Colorado Law Firm, however if any of those interested in joining me know of a lawyer in any state that would be interested in helping all of us in a Class Action Lawsuit, please give me a call or send an email. I will continue to fight for our rights against Protect America, Inc. I can be reached in, Dallas, Texas, email: [protected]@yahoo.com, telephone: 214-358-3055, Kenneth W. Klein

Dec 11, 2010

The class action law suit against Protect America Alarm system company is justified. I would like to join it. What is the current status of this action. Has it been filed. Tens of thousands of people are waiting for such an action. Is there a contact number to determine the current status

Mar 29, 2011

Protect America, yeah right!!! I purchased the system 6 months ago when I moved due to divorce. I tried to reduce my unneccesary bills by cancelling my subscription tono avail. When they told me it was a 3 year contract and that I couldn't cancel, I was blown away! How can I be charged $30 x 3 yrs ($1080) for a crappy system [sensors fall off; beeps incessantly;and is antiquated]? Of the 100's of consumer complaints that I have read online, it seems something has got to be done and fast! I can't afford this system, it has been put away in my crawl space but I'm still paying for it! As many of you, I am extremely angry and feel PA took and takes advantage of us. Let's do something about it. If there is a class action suit against PA, please let me know @ [protected]@hotmail.com.

Angry in CO

• Rb
      May 10, 2011

I am investigating Protect America for illegal telemarketing activities..
    If you have been telemarketed by Protect America or home security group, please call Robert Harmon Esq. at 1-203-542-5619 or at [protected]@optonline.net

• Fo
      Feb 25, 2012

Please let me know I will sign for the lawsuit. They are a horrible company that charges way too much! I signed up and have not used the system in 2 1/2 years and they still will not let me out of my contract! The system they gave me was older than I am... Loud the things were falling off the door making false alarms go off and waking the Kia up in the middle of the night with the loud air horn this thing puts out. It's been in the closet for 2 1/2 years and I'm still paying $34.95 a month( try and wrap your head around that!)

• Ne
      May 01, 2012

equipment does not work properly and when you want to cancel the account, they want you to buy your account out, in other words, they want you to pay until the end of your contract upfront. they do not take responsibility for false alarms due to faulty equipment and then you are stuck paying not only the city fees for false alarms but their monthly charges as well. the only thing this company is smart about, is making sure they get paid by setting up an automatic withdraw from your bank account.

• Di
      Nov 14, 2013

We had an electrician install our system, but it didn't help. We can't get the master control to work right, so much so that my wife is freaked out and refuses to use it. When we did try it during the Year we thought was our contract period, the sensors would just quit working or fall off the windows THEN quit working. After a few replacements, we gave up. Now they have begun the "pay me" calls, and informed me that they will keep at it until I pay them. There must be justice for consumers some where.

• Di
      Nov 14, 2013

They refuse to cancel the account, and keep asking for a credit card or bank card. We refused, and told them that we didn't feel that we had to pay for their broken down equipment, which they refuse to take back. They suggested we try tech support. which we had on several occasions; to which I replied "Oh yeah, that'll work." They hung up on me.

• Al
      Jan 02, 2014

is anyone still pursuing a class action lawsuit??? Please share any info if you are! I'll be right there to support it!!!

• Ro
      Sep 22, 2015

Any organization that does not provide a cancellation of contract mediation, in my mind is no better that the armed bank robbers of the old west. Hell even Verizon will allow you out of your contract for the right price,
    This company is guilty of false advertising, manipulation of contract and unreasonable terms of conditions.
    1. The contract sent to the BBB is not the one I signed. It has several discrepancies. The number of months I was quoted on the phone was 24 months (NOT 36 months).
    2. The amount I pay monthly is $21.39 (NOT $32.09)
    3. Entire Customer Agreement was at 2 yrs would have been: ($53.44 + $513.44= $566.80) (NOT $1, 079.64 for 3 YEARS).
    4. They never listed the cost of the monitoring equipment.
    5. Never received an original receipt either by mail or email.
    I ordered this equipment on 8/8/14 and my mother passed away on 10/23/14. We have paid for a service that was never rendered and have no one to transfer it to. We have paid $320.81 up to this point, to a company that has not rendered anything but hardship and is inflexible on terms of termination.
    6. They are saying the origination date was 8/4/14, yet our Debit card says /8/8/14.

• Tr
      Oct 22, 2015

I signed up for systems for 2 locations. Both a 3 year contract. My system didn't work in one location due to the fact that the landline came into the building downstairs, too far from any entrance, ridiculous to have to literally run to this location to enter a code to ensure no alarm sounds. Got no help..I heard 'that's too bad, you signed a 3 year contract' They continued to bill me and insist on payments. After a while, I got sick of this and I stopped the auto pay and suddenly got many many calls from them. After almost one year of payments and no monitoring service due to unrealistic inconvenience, somebody told me about a code touch panel I could install by the entries. Of course now that I had stopped payments, somebody had to think to resolve my issue. I had to pay for these remote panels, over $200 for this location. But before we could install them my home and entire community burned down in the Black Forest, CO wildfire. I had all the equipment at the Black Forest house and installed one set in this house. So that burned along with all the equipment for my office across town. They will not excuse the contract, and when my expiration date changed with the auto pay on Amex, they never called but figured out on their own what the new expiration date was and go right back to charging me. I got with Amex and had it stopped. Now they call me several times a day, for a few days every week, collection calls. After 2 1/2 years of $71 per month, they never suggested any solution. They sent one account to an independent collection company and will give me a credit report. When I just stopped paying again out of principal, they now came up with the idea to send me a set of equipment. I am in Colorado, please contact me for any lawsuit against this company. They are so very painful to deal with, no ethics what so ever. All my other service term contracts were dismissed, Dish network, internet, electric, phone, trash pick up, and neighbors ADT security system monitoring were dismissed. Protect America was not phased by any of this. I do not hate anybody or anything on earth except this one company -Protect America.
    Trish - Colorado Springs
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Me
      Feb 12, 2017

I had the same issue with trying to cancel my service. The equipment never worked properly, kept going off randomly and I disconnected it and never even had it online. When the year was up I tried to cancel my service. They refused to accept cancellation. I tried to report them to the Better Business people but was not successful in my complaint because they just deluged them with emails. I finally got them to accept cancellation but they projected the service to end four months later than my letter and are billing me for those four months. Then they sent me new equipment and called me daily telling me I had to set up this new equipment. This is a scam service and there should be something done about it. I've lost hundreds of dollars to these people. Please please contact me if you have any information about this.

Ann
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Br
      Sep 25, 2017

@metaforic I have the same issue...would like to be involved in any class action against Protect America. Let me know if you hear anything ([protected]@laworkshop.com).

• Ph
      Mar 01, 2017

Need a list of people interested in a class action suit. Please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com. Thanks
    Phyllis Douglas

Jul 04, 2017

@Phyllis Douglas I am willing to join this class action lawsuit. We called in Oct. 2016 to cancel my service since we were not satisfied w/ their faulty equipment ( faulty Velcro, always falling ), creating a false alarm & we also found a better alarm system. They told is that we need to finish our contract til March 2017 w/c we did. Then they still tried to bill us til June 2017 because accordg. to them we should call last march to cancel again otherwise they will be force to charge month to month. This is ridiculous . Why are we paying for a service that wasn't there in the first place. Of course, they can tell from their side that we are no longer in their system. They emailed me a contract that we can't even remember getting it or even doing an electronic sign on it. They just typed our names on it bec. On the email they sent us we can erase our names on it, the cursor is at the signature section. It is not a hard copy of the email if ever we signed one. To make the story short, they will send the last 3 months balance at collection agency w/c will ruin our credit. Hence, we would like to join a class action lawsuit if there's one on going. Please ed mail me. Thanks. [protected]@gmail.com.

Dec 06, 2017

Highly interested in joining a class action suit against these criminals at Protect America. Please email me at [protected]@sbcglobal.net. I live in Cypress, TX.

Jan 10, 2018

We are interested in joining any law suits againt this company. False advertisement, failure to respond to alarm and have you read the contract. They do not even guarantee anyone will respond to an alarm. Let’s put them out of business.

• Ne
      Jan 19, 2018

I have a copy of my email to cancel service, and I paid the required final payment for last 60 days. Now one year later, they are saying I didn’t cancel and must pay 85 more to stop service. I My contract was over two years before I left. How can you make things up and continue to charge people? My husband is a 100% disabled vet and doesn’t need this stress! I would like to join a class action lawsuit!

• Cr
      Jul 05, 2018

Would also like to join any law suits against this thieves! Please email me [protected]@yahoo.com .

• Li
      Aug 14, 2018

I would also like to join any class action lawsuits.
    [protected]@hotmail.com