Projects Abroad / abusing poverty to gain income
After visiting Arusha in Tanzania to visit local projects, such as schools and orphanages, I visited one specific orphanage where it became clear to me that Projects Abroad, an UK based organization (say Company), sends volunteers there to help at the home and school and stay with local host families. Great I would think first, but when I started talking to the 'volunteers' who came from the USA and the UK it became clear they pay 1500 USD per month to work in an orphanage and NONE of this money goes to the project. A host family with food will not cost more then 250 USD and sure some money needs to go the the organizing party, but so much money and NOTHING goes to those in need; orphans, children who need education and have no food...I am shocked but also appalled that this 'organization' is nothing more then making money over the backs of poor people. Shame on you...the name of Herman was mentioned several times as it seems this character works for these greedy people in Arusha. BE AWARE for these companies, look around on the web, there are plenty of smaller organizations that charge much less and that support the projects they work with!
More Projects Abroad Complaints & Reviews
- Projects Abroad - terrible organization 
- Projects Abroad - misbehave and fraud 
- Projects Abroad - no adult supervision! 
- Projects Abroad - avoid like the plague!
- Projects Abroad - false advertising
- Projects Abroad - irresponsible agent
- Projects Abroad - volunteer
- Projects Abroad - volunteer service - complete fraud