Progressive Business Publicationsinvoiced for something not authorized

Q Malvern, PA Review updated:

This company called an employee here under the guise of doing a survey and then started billing us for a Quality Managers Alert magazine that we either never received -or- was thrown out when the mail was received because we don't pay our employees to sit around and read magazines -- they're here to work.

We get scam mail daily and I throw out the unopened scam mail as I am aware, in our small company, of any subscriptions and/or advertising that are authorized here, so I know which ones are legitimate and which ones are not.

We don't even know what this magazine looks like and they want us to pay for it? I don't think so. They have now turned this over to International Credit Recovery Inc. to try to collect. I will issue complaints wherever I can on this company and their scam artists.

• M
      Jun 18, 2009

Funny - I had a lady call and offered this FREE TRIAL for CFO & Controller Alert newsletter. I advised her that we did not want to receive this publication, but she insisted that we take a look at it. She continued to talk her talk even after I had told her several times NO.
    Now I'm receiving an invoice for $299.99. What's up with that. Another scam???

• C
      Jul 23, 2009

I too have now been contacted by a collections agent regarding junk mail I threw out as business mail spam. This is a scam. Of note is that businesses getting this invoice should check with all emloyees that receive mail. In my case I own a small company and see the inbound mail and invoices. PBP tried to send the Managers Alert newsletter to our director of operations (me) as an employee and the invoices to an Accounts Payable Dept at our company address. This is also me. Funny thing was that the invoices started at 3rd Notice and was already past due. Did the USPS somehow loose the first 2 invoces and then the 3rd got thru? Nah, I don't think so and since I see all inbound mail I know the first invoice was number 3. I think this type of practice should be turned over to a BBB for filing.