Prima Seal / They do not honor their timing and promises

United States Review updated:
Prima Seal showed disrespect to its customer and lack of professionalism by breaching the verbal agreement regarding the timing of the job, multiple misleading statements of the company owner Brad regarding the starting time of the job, and multiple failures to update me on the status of the job when those updates were requested.

The first week of February, Prima Seal representative Ken and I signed the contract on the siding job, in presence of two witnesses. Ken told us multiple time that the company needs the job to be done as soon as possible as they did not have winter contracts and the crews were idle. He emphasized that the company has contracts for March and later, so they needed the job in February, and they even give a discount for the winter job. Ken explained, that it will take from 1 to 2 weeks to get the material, and then the work will immediately start. I paid the deposit.

When 3 weeks passed and I have not heard from the Prima Seal, I called their office. The owner Brad said that the materials were ordered, will be delivered in a week directly to the job site (our house) and the work will start then. Nothing happened in a week. I called the following week and was promised by Brad that the work will start the following week, and he will personally call me in the end of week to confirm the start date. He did not call.

This continued for 2 months. I called every single week; Brad always apologized for not contacting me and gave some explanation of why the work did not start (one time he cited snow delaying some job they were doing, another time he cited the rain, himself being in a hospital, someone falling off the ladder, etc.). Every time he told me that he will call me in a few days with the estimated timing, and he did not call.

Finally, I called Brad on March 27th and informed him that I am unhappy with this delay and all the broken promises to call, and I am planning to dispute the credit card charge of the deposit paid. Brad promised that he will call on April the 2nd to set the date, the work will start on the week of April the 2nd, and the crew will work even on Good Friday, to get the job done. He double-checked that the phone number he has for me was correct, and it was. Needless to say he did not call back, and the work did not start.

Under these circumstances, I see the Prima Seal as a company that gave me misleading statements multiple times, was unable to make reasonable time estimate regarding the starting time, and showed disrespect to me as a customer by not providing promised updates. This also makes me suspect that if, after the job is done and all the money is paid, there is some problem requiring repair, I will most likely be unable to get the repair crew on site timely. I asked for the termination of the contract and the return of the deposit paid.

A  4th of May, 2007 by
I also purchased windows from prima seal left a deposit and call everyday since march 2007 either brad stepped out or is gone for a week and no way to reach him i think he is scamming people and should be charged this is a crime im out alot of money and this keeps happening to alot of people.