Pressler And Pressler / levy on bank account

1 Cedar Knolls, NJ, United States Review updated:

A couple of years ago, i was laid off and I got very delinquent in many of my bills. I receive a three notices of garnishment from my employee stating that Pressler and Pressler were going to garnish my salary all three of them back to back. i never received any notice to go to court to tell the judge that I have been clearing up my credit little by little. I am a single parent, and I was starting with my lower bills first. I figured since there was a garnish on my salary that I would try to clear those judgements up. However, last Friday, I go to withdraw money from my account at Chase and the receipt kept telling me that I had insufficient funds. I knew this couldn't be possible because my pay check had been deposited via direct deposit that morning and I had 600.00 in my bank account. I ran home and checked my accounts via online. All three accounts were 00.00 balance. Literally, I almost had a heart attack because I leave all my money in the bank and withdraw it when needed. i called the bank and asked them to please release some money to me because I didn't have any money for food for my son or for the rent. They told me that I had to call the court officer on Monday. All weekend, I had no money. First thing Monday morning, I called the court officer but he wasn't availabel so I had to speak with the clerk. The clerk asked me to call Pressler and Pressler. Well, I begged them to release at least enough money so I could buy some food. They asked me to make a payment arrangement. I agreed to pay 200.00 monthly commencing on thre 9th of April. They told me that they would not release the money from the bank and that in addition to my monthly payments, They were also going to garnish my salary. I begged them. The manager asked me to go to my bank and get a copy of my statement that showed the levys. the bank wouldn't give it to me so they faxed it to the manager. The manager said that he never received it and I called the bank and asked them to refax it. So I called the court officer back and pleaded with him to help me. To no avail. So I was on line trying to get information, and I stumbled upon your site. These people are legal criminals(I am a social worker in a jail), and they should be where I work. I am having so much anxiety because if my next paycheck's direct deposit can;t be stopped, I will be 30 days late with the rent, and my landlord can start eviction proceedings. How can it be allowed that every penny I have can be taken. i can see even taking half of the money and leaving some for living expenses.Tommorow, i am going to go to the courthouse to see if I can file a motion claiming hardship and ask for the levy to be lifted. Any advice, I would surely appreciate!

Comments

• St
      16th of Mar, 2010

lauriecris
    THEY HAVE SECURED A JUDGMENT AGAINST YOU!!
    AND WILL SUCK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AGAIN!!

STOP YOUR DIRECT DEPOSIT ASAP!!

WERE YOU EVER NOTIFIED OF A COURT DATE??

IF NOT THIS ALONE WILL GET THIS JUDGMENT OVERTURNED

GO HERE AND READ THIS ON HOW TO FIGHT THEM..

Credit-Card-Defense

IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFORMATION EMAIL US AT

stopthirdpartydebtcollectors@yahoo.com

DO NOT AGREE TO PAY THEM ANYTHING!!

IF YOU DO IT WILL LOCK YOU INTO A "CONTRACT" WITH THEM

WHICH THEY CAN USE TO TAKE MORE MONEY!!

PLEAD IGNORANT TO THEIR CASE..

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS DEBT IS>>

MAKING THEM PROVE THEY HAVE A LEGITIMATE DEBT TO COLLECT!!

ADMIT TO NOTHING WITH THEM!!

• St
      16th of Mar, 2010

FIRST OFF!!

YOU NEVER "QUESTIONED" THE GARNISHMENTS?????

YOU SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED NOTICE FROM WHOEVER WAS ATTEMPTING THE GARNISHMENTS, AND THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOCKET NUMBERS IN THEM..

INDICATING THAT THEY HAD "SECURED" JUDGMENTS AGAINST YOU!

NOT BEING NOTIFIED OF A PENDING COURT CASE< CAN GET THESE "JUDGMENTS

PRESSLER"LEGALLY"
    (THOUGH SOMEWHAT IMMORALLY)

SECURED A JUDGMENT AGAINST YOU

YOU HAVE TO "LEGALLY" HAVE IT OVERTURNED>>

THATS HOW THE LAW WORKS..!!

MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE JUDGES ARE IN PRESSLERS POCKET!!

THERE ARE A FEW WHO ARE NOT
    AND DON"T LIKE WHAT PRESSLER DOES
    BUT THEY ARE FEW AND HARD TO FIND!!

YOU HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO HERE,
    IN OVERTURNING THESE JUDGMENTS,

AND THE FIRST THING TO DO IS "NOT"
    TO COMMUNICATE WITH PRESSLER
    IN ANY WAY UNTIL YOU FILE A MOTION
    WITH THE COURT TO OVERTURN THESE JUDGMENTS!!

DO NOT ADMIT TO OWING THEM
    OR ANYONE IE: CREDIT CARD COMPANY S
    ANYTHING..

AND SPECIFICALLY
    DO NOT ADMIT TO PRESSLER AND
    DO NOT ADMIT TO THE COURT

THAT YOU HAVE OUTSTANDING DEBTS!!!

AND DO NOT MAKE ANY AGREEMENTS WITH PRESS:ER TO PAY THEM>>
    THIS WILL "LOCK" YOU INTO A "CONTRACT" WITH THEM!!

AS WELL AS ADMIT "GUILT" ON YOUR PART THAT YOU OWE MONEY,
    MAYBE NOT TO THEM< BUT THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES, THAT THEY BOUGHT THE RIGHT TO COLLECT FROM!

AND SPECIFICALLY
    DO NOT ADMIT TO PRESSLER AND
    DO NOT ADMIT TO THE COURT
    THAT YOU HAVE OUTSTANDING DEBTS!!!

THEY RARELY IF AT ALL HAVE "CONCRETE" PROOF
    THAT THEY NOW OWN YOUR DEBT

SURE THEY WILL BAMBOOZLE YOU WITH PAPERWORK BUT WHAT THEY NEED TO PROVE THAY NOW OWN IT, YOUR OLD DEBT THEY NEVER HAVE!!

IF YOU "ADMIT" IN COURT THAT YOU OWED THE DEBT TO THE "ORIGINAL"
    CREDIT CARD COMPANY USUALLY THIS ALONE WILL GET THEM A JUDGMENT!!

YOU MUST PLEAD IGNORANT
    AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS DEBT IS OR WHERE IT CAME FROM
    AND MAKE THEM PROVE THAT IT WAS YOURS!!
    AND THAT THEY NOW HAVE A CLEAR TITLE TO IT!!

Who has the burden of proof in a debt collection case?

The plaintiff who is the credit card company or debt buyer always has the burden of proof in any type of debt collection case. This essentially means that the plaintiff has to provide evidence to prove to the court that (1) the plaintiff has the right to sue you; (2) the debt is yours; and (3) you owe the exact amount of money that the plaintiff claims you owe. You do not have to prove that you do not owe the money. Instead, the plaintiff has to prove that you owe the money to the credit card company.

56. What kind of evidence does the plaintiff need to present in order to meet its burden of proof?

If you admit that the plaintiff’s allegations are correct, then the plaintiff can rely on your admission to win the case. However, if you challenge the plaintiff’s right to sue you, the existence of the debt, or the amount of the debt, then the plaintiff must provide the following evidence to the court:

a. Proof that the plaintiff has the right to sue you. In the case of a debt buyer, the debt buyer must prove that it owns your debt by showing the court the contract of sale. This contract is called an assignment. The assignment must mention your debt specifically. If your debt has been bought and sold multiple times, the debt buyer must present a chain of assignments that goes all the way back to your original creditor.

b. Proof that the debt is yours. Usually, this means an original contract with your signature.
    FROM

MORE INFO HERE>>

EMAIL US FOR MORE INFO..

stopthirdpartydebtcollectors@yahoo.com

5th of Apr, 2010

The statue of limitations on credit cards is 4 years from the date the last payment on credit card was made. Pressler & Pressler are the biggest crooks. I have been to court with them numerous times over the past 2 years and I fight tooth and nail with them. I actually fight it out with 2 attorneys against me. The judge is a lawyer too and he gangs up on me too but they can't shake me. I keep saying I want to see the original contract, the chain of ownership, proof they own it and I have threatened to subpoena all these people who lie and sign and swear they keep the books and know I owe 800.00 dollars to them. It's absurd. The first time I went to court I thought I was on Candid Camera. It was surreal. The judge and P&P try to get you to go out in the hall and make a "deal". I always refuse to go in the hall. If you go in the hall and make a deal, you are screwed for life. The debts never go away. They garnish wages forever. They make up more debts you don't owe them and continue to sue for bogus debts. The judges are committing treason. They are suppose to be fair & just. They are being paid by P&P. Sheldon Pressler sits on the committee that changes the rules of the Special Civil Part Law Division. I brought that up to the judge last time. I said "every time they aren't getting what they want they change the rules to screw us even more. The judge had nothing to say. I also said "look why can P&P file a lawsuit without an merit or proof attached. No contract. Nothing? I can't file a motion without proof so why can they? He had Nothing to say. They keep thinking I will tire of this and give up but I won't. I will fight them to the end. I already had 2 cases dismissed with prejudice when I appealed my cases to the Supreme court in Trenton. I filed for a free lawyer because I am poor and she argued my cases for me. They were different debt collectors but I am doing it with this P&P case now. I got one P&P case dropped but need this last one to be dismissed then my life will be peaceful again. I could see if they legally own these but they don't. I have never been given one iota of proof. I called Lowes GE money bank and they said they never heard of P&P. Maybe the new Governor will help us get these people in jail where they belong. Governor Corzine was useless. I believe he was part of the corruption with P&P. By the way the latest judge I saw was Judge Crook. I felt like saying " your name says it all" but I had already mouthed off to him and thought he would get me for contempt of court. P&P stole $30, 000 from a couple in NJ. I believe the wifes name is Eleanor Schiano. Look up that case. It is unbelievable. Good Luck everyone.

• La
      17th of Jun, 2010

Please file a complaint with FTC at their sight. When enough do this then they will take action. Also, I know how to be what they call "Private Attorney General" which has the same power as a lawyer and can file a law suit in federal court. It costs $350 for the complaint which we can split up. Contact me at lb060452@yahoo.com if you are interested. I think we could beat them. Larry Bumgarner

9th of Jul, 2010

I filed a complaint with the FTC about 2 years ago. Nothing happened. I went to the FBI. Nothing happened. I went to the Attorney General in New Jersey. Nothing happened. I went to the Governor. Nothing happened. I went to the local prosecutor. Nothing happened. I went to Washington DC for the 4th of July weekend and went to see the Declaration of Independence and the original flag (star spangled banner) and I was thinking "none of this matters if our justice system doesn't work". We are not free. What should we do? Maybe if we all go to the Capitol in Trenton on a certain day at a certain hour and have a peaceful demonstration we would get some media attention and maybe the Governor will look into this. If anyone would like to do this please contact me at deedee3003@gmail.com Thanks, Dolly

17th of Oct, 2010

Dolly and Larry. Have you forgotten that you did not pay your bills ! Have you forgotten that if you did not ignore the letters from pressler and pressler and just called them they would have made a deal with you! Have you forgotten that by not paying your bills you have essentially stollen from the vendors you purchased from!

Dolly so what your saying is everyone should not pay their credit card bills for four years and then the debt will just go away! This is why the country is in a financial crisis because people live beyond their means and then default on the debt.

Get real. It's simple pay your bills and you won't be in this situation.

1st of Nov, 2010

It's simple. Even if this was a valid debt they can't just go onto my credit report and act like they own it. I had one account and 3 different debt collection companies said they "owned it" Pressler and Pressler didn't have any proof they "owned" the debt. If my credit card company sold my name and private information to anyone that is illegal. It's like a subprime mortgage. They can't sell it to one company who sells it to another who sells it to another. That's why this country is in financial straits. I never signed a contract with a credit card company that says if I don't make payments because I lost my job then you can sell it to Joe who can sell it to Pete who can sell it to Paul. The contract I signed says you can assign it to your own collection department, not sell it to everyone and their Mother. You Idiot. Your nuts. So is Pressler and Pressler. They are nothing but common thieves. They have to prove their case. Just a contract with my name on it would be nice. They had nothing and I don't owe them a dime. That's why I won in court. Sorry. We live in America you [censor].

6th of Jun, 2012
    Pressler And Pressler - illegal practices
    pressler and pressler

How is it possible thet can continue to get away with what there doing, Is the court that corrupt? Can our justice system be paid off? This complaint will go nowhere just as thousands and thousands have gone nowhere, there is no one out there that can bring them down, not even the courts that know what there doing.

10th of Jan, 2014

There a lots of uncontrollable reasons people end up in debt, such of loss of job or a major medical crisis. When you are a hard working person living paycheck to paycheck, it doesn't take much to plunge you into financial ruin. Pressler won't accept a reasonable payment plan - they want you to accept a monthly payment CONTRACT for an amount that is beyond your means so that when you miss a payment they have an automatic right to then take your property, accounts. etc. The judge I encountered was CLEARLY in bed with pnp. It was actually really sad to see a judge who was nothing more than a mouthpiece and a puppet for this firm. How do they look themselves in the mirror? Is this why you went to law school and swore an oath to uphold the ideals of our judicial system -- only to betray the public trust and EVERYTHING being a judge should stand for? People have been complainng and reporting about what's going on with Pressler and Pressler, their front company New Century Financial, and the court system for YEARS and nothing apparently has been done about it. I guess NJ truly is corrupt though and through. Where are the brave lawyers, journalists, judges, and other public servants who will stand up to them? I am with Dolly wholeheartedly. Regardless of how anyone ended up in debt, the burden of proof is on the plaintiff, and they should have to prove, like anyone else, that they own the debt and the debt originated with you. THAT is the American Way. Dolly, how did you get a free lawyer?