Post Office / Refusal to deliver certified mail
On Saturday Febuary 13, 2010 I called the Hatfield Post Office due to not having received any mail for three days straight. The post master informed us that due to the amount of snow in front of our mailbox our mail carrier did not have to deliver our mail. Apparently they are not allowed to leave their vehicle in order to place our mail in our mailbox. On Sat our mail carrier had a package that is worth well over $800 being delivered certified mail. In order to deliver this package our mail carrier would have to get out of her vehicle and knock on our door in order to attain a signature for the package, she did not do this though our sidewalk was clear of any snow and when my husband drove to the post office to pick up our mail, it was not given to us. After checking the tracking records of the package I realized that the post office has had our package the entire time, they have not attempted to deliver it. I called the post office this morning and spoke with Debbie who is the postmaster, she informed that my package is still at the post office. I don't understand why in the middle of a mail delivery day my package is still there instead of being delivered, I don't feel that it is my responsibility to have to drive to the post office everyday to pick up my mail. Holding onto peoples mail is extremely inappropriate, should my package get lost I will hold the Hatfield Post Office responsible for the contents of the package along with the cost to replace it.
More Post Office Complaints & Reviews
- Post Office - missing mail 
- Post Office - undelivered mail unprofessional clerk 
- Post Office - Address change and now my mail is lost. Where did it go?!?!
- Post Office - my mail is going to a different address 
- Post Office - non receiving of letters
- Post Office - Do not receive International parcels 
- Post Office - letters mailed & not received
- Post Office - Post Office is withholding my mail 
- Post Office - Parcel is Missing 
- Post Office - Late charge