Post Office / Refusal to deliver certified mail

1 Hatfield, PA, United States Review updated:

On Saturday Febuary 13, 2010 I called the Hatfield Post Office due to not having received any mail for three days straight. The post master informed us that due to the amount of snow in front of our mailbox our mail carrier did not have to deliver our mail. Apparently they are not allowed to leave their vehicle in order to place our mail in our mailbox. On Sat our mail carrier had a package that is worth well over $800 being delivered certified mail. In order to deliver this package our mail carrier would have to get out of her vehicle and knock on our door in order to attain a signature for the package, she did not do this though our sidewalk was clear of any snow and when my husband drove to the post office to pick up our mail, it was not given to us. After checking the tracking records of the package I realized that the post office has had our package the entire time, they have not attempted to deliver it. I called the post office this morning and spoke with Debbie who is the postmaster, she informed that my package is still at the post office. I don't understand why in the middle of a mail delivery day my package is still there instead of being delivered, I don't feel that it is my responsibility to have to drive to the post office everyday to pick up my mail. Holding onto peoples mail is extremely inappropriate, should my package get lost I will hold the Hatfield Post Office responsible for the contents of the package along with the cost to replace it.

Comments

• Bi
      11th of Mar, 2011

the hatfield post office is the worst ever!!!every time im in there im there for at least 15 min!!!and they are rude in a inproper polite way!!!and annoying as hell!!!you can tell they do it on purpose!!the more people that are in line the more they try to talk senseless convo with there current person at the counter!!!it annoys thre [censor] out of me!!!i was there today and standing in line, but the person still boxing there package at a side counter got let in front of me because she was there before me!!!WHAT!!!I WAS IN LINE FOR 10 MIN!!!AND THAT WAS 1 CUSTOMER IN FRONT OF ME AND THEN THIS [censor] HAPPENED!!!that place is USELESS!!!I AM GOING TO SEND A COMPLAINT!!