Pool Tables Direct / Terrible company

Phone: 888-977-7665

On 12 Sept 08, I purchased a pool table from Pool Tables Direct, an online seller of pool tables. The total purchase price was $2, 645.00. This included $299.00 for 'white glove delivery' (the table is delivered inside, uncrated, and all packing material is hauled away), and $349.00 for installation.

The table was delivered on 24 Sept 08. Although I paid for it to be uncrated and so on, the shippers merely dropped it off. On the 25th I contacted Pool Tables Direct to make arrangements for the installation and inquire about the uncrating. I was told by 'Jonathan' that I would be reimbursed $85.00 for the incomplete delivery and he would contact me with an installation date.

On 30 Sept 08, Jonathan told me that I would either have to pay one installer an additional $150.00 for him to install or $350.00 out of pocket for a different installer and he would reimburse the $350.00. Naturally I chose the latter.

Since I paid with a credit card I assumed the reimbursement would be in the form of a $434.00 credit to that card. On 10 Oct 08 I phoned and emailed Pool Tables Direct and received the following reply from Ellen Sarem 'We process refunds by check, that is, checks are sent out at the end of the month following the month you requested the credit. You should be mailed a check for a total of $434 at the end of October.'

When I did not receive the reimbursement by 14 Nov 08 I made more calls and emails. On 18 Nov 08 I received the following from Ellen Sarem 'I was told that the checks would be going out at the end of the month, unfortunately, it looks like not all of them made it out. I've asked about yours again, and was told that it would be sent out at the end of this month. I apologize for the inconvenience, if I could get you the refund personally, I would, but I cannot.'

I have since made several calls and emails with no response as of 18 Dec 08.

Al

Comments

• Am
      12th of Mar, 2009

We purchased a custom pool table from Pool Tables Direct in February 2008. It was finally delivered in October 2008--with damages after uncrating. The shipper waited for us to call the company and tell them that the rails were damaged. We were instructed to ship them back and expect shipment in 2 weeks. Needless to say, no word from the company and no shipment. We are stuck with a $1900 plus bill that the finance charges will be tacked on adding another $400 plus to the bill and no pool table...why are these companies allowed to operate? I am writing to my attorney general and better business bureau in Colorado.

• Po
      14th of Mar, 2009

Thank you for voicing your complaint.

Pool Tables Direct is now under new ownership and we take customer service issues very seriously, we have enhance the Customer Service Department to be able to handle customer service issues more effectively. Please feel free to contact us regarding your issues so we can come up with a solution to better serve you. Our office hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm EST.

Pool Tables Direct
    P. 877-222-6570
    F. 877-904-8638
    E. info@pooltablesdirect.com

In addition, if you have any claims for money or damages owed for any purchases made in 2008 or before, please call 719-388-8899.

• Ca
      18th of Apr, 2009

Changing ownership does not give the previous owner the right to disregard all the people that are left without a pool table and without their money!!! Where is the justice in that??!!!

Everyone that has been scammed by Pool Tables Direct should write a letter to the Colorado Attorney General's Office JOHN W. SUTHERS 1525 Sherman St., Denver, Co 80203. Their web site is located at http://www.ago.state.co.us, file a complaint with the FBI at www.IC3.gov, FTC at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov Send your complaint to stop.fraud@state.co.us You can fill out the forms located at www.ago.state.co.us/consline/complaint.pdf and send them back to the Attorney General's office.

• Ke
      18th of May, 2009
    Pool Tables Direct - Terrible experience
    www.pooltablesdirect.com
    California
    Maryland

I ordered a table and waited exactly 5 months to get a table. In addition, the installation guys wanted me to wait another month to put those pieces together. I was so mad that i wanted refund for my installation since i had another guy set them up with MUCH cheaper price. And i've been waiting my refund check for 6 months with the promise "on the way" from them. ###ing ripped off company. NEVER NEVER order from them.